It is official. I am done the first year of my degree, which makes me, in the clever words of a friend of mine, a half-librarian. It's been such a wild ride that it has forced me to neglect my poor, long suffering blog audience. I am truly sorry for that. My traffic is at an all time low. Oh and of course because I love you all. Of course.
So news about me (because 'what is more interesting than me?', apparently):
1. My grandmother is celebrating a significant birthday this month and I am going to have the opportunity to give her a hug and congratulations in person. This might not seem like such a big deal, but it was unlikely that I was going to be able to travel the 1100 km that seperate us to do so. Through an epic coming together of many factors, such as Hub's work schedule, air flights, school being done and a friend agreeing to be a 'back-up babysitter' in the event of another natural disaster that prevents me from getting back. So thanks to everyone and everything involved in me being able to go because I really want to give Nan a hug in person. Happy Birthday, Nan!
2. I have a full-time job, starting May 3rd, through the co-op department at school that is going to last for the next eight months. What that means is that I won't have homework and I am planning on spending some of the resulting precious free time in the evenings and weekends here, telling stories. TRUE stories of REAL crime... Or, you know, on second thought, just stuff that happens to me in my life, which, hopefully will not be true crime because that would suck.
3. How crazy was that volcano? Did you know it was caused by a lolcat?
4. I've had some comments from some new readers that were very kind. I want to officially say Hi! and Welcome! and Thanks for reading! to them now. Also? You're awesome!
5. Finally, I just want to complain that I now have no excuse for not cleaning the house. My papers are done. The house needs cleaning. So for the one week I have off between now and the first day of my new job, I have a few special projects lined up: I want to clean out the cars, which are full of playground sand; I want to clean the office, which is currently so messy is would not be out of place on one of those shows where people have such large, clutter filled messes that they call in the experts who force them to put all their stuff in three piles out on their back lawns; I want to see a movie or two; I want to clean out the storage room downstairs and deal with the spiderwebs and dust in the basement; I want to scrub out the fridge; I want to go to the art gallery. I think that's it. I probably won't get this all done. Top priority - the office and the cars.
So. I guess that's it for now! Talk to you soon!