February 10, 2010

More Drivel and Boring

You know... Sometimes I take things too seriously.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm all about fun and laughter and jokes and not taking anything too seriously. Which is contradicting what I just said, but whatever.

Sometimes, though, people say things that I'm sure are meant kindly and probably they're kidding or maybe they're trying to be helpful... but it makes me mad or it makes me sad or self-conscious, or whatever. I have a negative reaction to it. And the person just goes on merrily as though nothing happened. But my world is kind of wonky for a bit.

And then I think to myself, does everyone see how preachy or mean or whatever this is? Or is it just me? It probably is just me. I'm too sensitive. My Dad always told me I was.

I'm pretty sure it's just me.

Actually I'm 100% sure of it. It's just me.

I'm too sensitive.

.....

7 comments :

BigSis said...

Even if one is too sensitive, there are still TONS of ruse people who say stupid stuff. So, don't be too hard on yourself.

BigSis said...

ruse = rude. Apparently, I can't type today!

Loukia said...

I'm very sensitive, too!

lisachelle said...

It's not so bad to be so close to your emotions - that's what blogging is for!

Candy (Mama Lion) said...

I just stumbled upon ur blog and love the truth of this first post i read. Maybe ur not too sensitive - maybe theyre just RUDE! i feel the same way as u pretty often. We've got to start to trust our discretion and judgment and think, if I wouldnt treat that person that way (preach or be rude to them), I don't deserve it either. I try to find ways to DEAL with it in the moment better rather than make myself feel horrible later. The earlier is better if u can sieze the moment!

Old School/New School Mom said...

It's not just you! I think these things all the time. I think people are mostly in their own egotistical universes and don't see how mean they are being. But it's hard to be sensitive!

Erin said...

I am constantly accused of being too sensitive! You aren't alone.