January 5, 2010

It's Winter, Get a Clue and Some Warm Clothes

Dear woman I saw crossing the street with difficulty today,

Your puffy white jacket, which is too short to cover your lower back, and your high heeled boots do not make you look stylish or sexy; they make you look like a moron. This is not a fashion show, this is the Canadian winter. It it cold, windy, wet, snowy, slippery and muddy out there. Get yourself some winter boots, a parka, some gloves, a scarf and a hat if you have to walk around outside. You're going to get frostbite on your upper ass and those boots make you walk like an over-the-hill penguin - not a good look.

Love,

The Canadian Wintertime Outerwear Fashion Police (CWOFP - pronounced 'Kwofop'), a special Canadian branch of the International Fashion Police (IFP).


Acceptable Canadian Winter Outerwear:

.....

9 comments :

5thsister said...

LOVE IT! Unfortunately, around this part of the world I would probably forgo the hat if I needed to be somewhere or meet someone (can anyone say "hat hair"?) But if I lived in Canada and everyone had "hat head" I would most likely willingly oblige.

PS...I wish you had a photo of that woman!

Loukia said...

Haha! So, so true... I hate seeing people dressed in ridiculous 'winter' outdoor gear... get a clue, people!!!

Andrea (ace1028) said...

PERFECT! Do you think she'll *hear* you? ;)

Daffy said...

Upper ass? Would that be the face region?

Just wondering....

Julie said...

I hope the CWOFP gets her!

Elaine A. said...

I'm not sure what's crazier, her attire or living up there in the first place. ;-P Come on down here. It's gonna be a balmy 18 this weekend (actually QUITE cold for us!)

Fun Gal Julie said...

So, I guess I won't get much sympathy down here in Texas where we are dealing with a frosty 36 degrees?

Next time snap a picture, I'm sure the CWOFP needs evidence if it's going to hand out violations!

Tracie said...

Not the CWOFP.....I am still in hiding from them over a slight fashion annurism I had during high school. It was so bad that they came all the way down to Florida to get me!

Too bad you don't have pics of her, or better yet, video, because I want to see the over-the-hill penguin walk!

Quirky said...

Holy smokes that makes me cold just thinking about it! I'm not sure how you Canadians do it.