December 14, 2009

I Heart Faces - Pets



Last summer we visited a park where the kids were able to feed local wildlife out of the windows of our car. They fed carrots to wild pigs and large deer and bison.

Halfway through the park there was a walking trail. The white-tail deer that populated the trail area were so tame and used to people that the boys were able to get close enough to make friends. The kids still talk about it.

Buddy called this deer 'Bucky', and Bucky is my entry for this week's I Heart Faces photo challenge - "Pets Only".


.....

6 comments :

Ms. Diva said...

I love this picture!

Stephen, Shanelle, and Sean said...

That is amazing what a fun memory!

Menopausal New Mom said...

What a gorgeous photo! No wonder they still talk about it!

Daffy said...

That is so totally cool! I wish we had a park like that. My Girlie would just go bananas over being so close to animals!

~jill said...

love it! what a special moment!

Helen McGinn said...

Very nice indeed! We get lots of wild deer round here but they don't come too close.