December 21, 2009

And the Winner of the Canadian Blog Awards Family Category is...

Not me.

But, dude, did you see who I was up against?

I'm happy just to have made the top 10. Thanks so much to everyone who voted, I can't tell you how much I value your support.

You can see all the results, an impressive list of fabulous blogs, at the Canadian Blog Awards website.

I came 7th. The winners in my category were:

1. Loulou’s Views
2. Postcards from the Mothership
3. Crib Chronicles

A heartfelt congratulations to them all, especially my girl Loukia from Loulou's Views, sitting proudly in first place. Way to go! I knew you were going to win.

The blogs I nominated did very well in their categories, too (giving me a great big fat WIN in the 'I have good taste' category):

Beck from Frog and Toad are Still Friends came in 1st place in the Blog Post Series category with her Halloween Posts. Congratulations, Beck! I also nominated Beck in my own category, family blogs, where she came in 6th. The fact that Beck came in 6th just goes to show how steep the competition was in the family category this year. I didn't nominate Beck in the humour category, but I voted for her everyday. She came in third. Kudos, Beck!

Nag on the Lake came 3rd in the Popular Culture category. Yay, Nag! I think you deserved to be 1st, though.

Mouse Traps on the Moon came 4th in the Culture & Literature category - a good showing for such a new blog. Congrats, Sue!



Congratulations to all the winners.

Keep blogging Canada!

.....

15 comments :

The Nag said...

Not to be nitpicky but I was actually tied for 2nd place. Too bad I didn't realize that we could vote daily until the contest was almost over.
I predict that next year you will be in the top three.

Menopausal New Mom said...

That's so great. Being from Canada myself, I'm always looking for fellow Canadian bloggers to hook up with, thanks for the list to check out!

scrappysue said...

hmmmmmmmmm, clearly you didn't do enough flip camera giveaways mel. it's so subjective - kids wearing binkies, pictureless blogs? i'm sure it was just an honour to be nominated - heheehehe

all in good fun eh?

Loukia said...

You are so kind, my friend... thank you very, very much! I was hoping you'd be in the top 3, but top ten is amazing, too! I never ever thought I'd be in first place. I was giddy with excitement to be in the top ten! There sure are some great Canadian blogs out there, including yours!! xox

Beck said...

You're so nice! And I love that you nominated me - shucks. Thanks!
I think that just being in the top ten is amazing - those other blogs are AWESOME. You did great, and you have a wonderful, fun, heartfelt blog.

Chief said...

ah poo!

May the joy of the Holiday Season make your Christmas bright

kys said...

It's very impressive to finish in the top 10! Congrats and Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the nomination, is it true that "being nominated is enough"? Didn't think so....

Merry Christmas and I know you'll get it next year.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I acquiesce in but I think the collection should have more info then it has.

Erin said...

very impressive to be nominated and to finish in the top 10.

look out, 2010! here comes the Reluctant Housewife!

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Helen McGinn said...

Och, well that's just pants! You should have done better than that...but of course, the others are great blogs too.... ;O)

Just wanted to stop by and wish you all the best at the bells on Hogmanay (New Year's Eve...it's a Scottish thing) and here is to a great new year ahead! xx

Eric said...

Hi, ur blog is really good and interesting u should promote it, I knew a website called blogerzoom.com for advertising and marketing, They are offering very unique features with cheap prices. They will promote ur blog through all over the network, all u have to do is pay more or less and rest leave it to blogerzoom advertising team to promote ur blog in every network. And see how u enjoy a lot of traffic while blogging. Finally happy new year to u and ur family...

Anonymous said...

u ever saw such before ? [url=http://tinyurl.com/884044251]so sexy.[/url]

just some help one more and i get pics unlocked

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!