November 26, 2009

A Whole New Low

I've suffered another spam bot attack. This time, though, it's personal - for you.

How is it personal for you? Allow me to explain...

This time the spambot has a name. Her name is Nishant.

I had three comments from Nishant this morning. The comments included a link to something called "Work From Home India". I didn't really appreciate the link, but she also included a comment on my content, so I figured I'd let the link slide.

As I read the second and third of Nishant's comments, though, I realized they seemed oddly familiar, like I'd read them somewhere before.

Yes. Nishant had stolen parts of other people's comments and reposted them as her own, complete with a link to her business (or whatever).

It reminds me of those movies - you know the ones - technology has become self-aware and is now plotting to take down the human race. Yeah. Those movies.

I would call Nishant an evil genius, except for one thing:

If Nishant had pulled this stunt on just one post, I might not have noticed... but three comments identical to the comments left by other people? Does Nishant think I'm stupid? Does Nishant think I'm lying about reading my blog comments?

Nishant, honey, go look 'overkill' up in the dictionary. You can thank me later.

I'm deleting Nishant from my comments, but for posterity and proof I want to share them with you (minus the active link of course).


On my Comments Policy post:

Nishant said...

The rest of us just chop liva!


Work from home India



Does that look familiar to anyone? How about you, Daffy? Seen that before?

Daffy's comment on the same post:
Daffy said...

Come on! Who doesn't want a semi-nude pic of moi?!? I mean, really....


What I really want to know is why YOU get all the nude pics? The rest of us just chop liva!

Just stopping by to say HI!


Yes... Daffy is one funny lady and that chop liva thing makes much more sense in context, doesn't it?


On my Worst Gift Idea Ever post:
Nishant said...

I can't believe this is 4 realz. What are people thinking?


Work from home India


It's word for word from Erin's comment on the same post:
Erin M. said...

yes---it's a FAIL!
I can't believe this is 4 realz. What are people thinking?



Erin, if you were surprised by the time-out stool, what do you think of the cajones on this spambot?

On my This is Going to Make Me Paranoid post:
Nishant said...

The spambots like you. It's nice that you have friends


Work from home India



Which was stolen from a comment by Cairo Typ0 on the same post:
Cairo Typ0 said...


The spambots like you. It's nice that you have friends. :p



Yes, indeed. The spambots seem to like me. I think that the spambots like me a little bit too much...

So, Daffy, Erin and Cairo Typ0, how do you feel about the spambots stealing your words as part of their nefarious plot for world domination?

.....

17 comments :

one cluttered brain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

whoa, wait---she was on my blog too...yesterday or today, need to go back and see. will email you.

what do i need to do? is it something i'm doing wrong?

GO AWAY, STUPID BOTS!!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Well spambots aren't as bad as real people posting anonymously and cruelly. Too many of my bloggy friends have been viciously attacked recently and it makes me so mad and so sad at the same time.

I think your background rocks....as do you!

Dawn@Embracing the Ordinary Life said...

that's just freaking funny...

I'm a full-time mummy... said...

Err... this is just so creepy! I've just managed to get rid of this blog stalker of mine and now you tell me there is such person who can copy people's comments & cleverly adding their own links huh!

Darn it...

Jen said...

I don't even know what to say about that. Crossing my fingers, I don't get hit next.

scrappysue said...

some ppl have way too much time on their hands:


..to work from home in india!!!

hehe - happy friday mel!

Holly said...

I have escaped for the most part...but I know more is coming. I blocked a follower (Lozaad, I think) because my friend told me he was a spammer person...as soon as I blocked him I got a friend request from him. UGH!

Holly

Andrea (ace1028) said...

No friggin way! Wow. That's, uhm, crazy. Spambot has WAY too much time on her, uhm, his, uh, its' hands?

Daffy said...

DAMN! I'm still not important enough to attract the crazies! Sheesh! What do I have to do? Offer my body as a sacrifice???

(Let's see her use that line!)

kys said...

She has been on Stir-Fry a few times, too.

Mary G said...

That's not fun at all. I had a mechanical Chinese bot for a while and had to put up the word validation box; have just taken it down again, hoping for the best.

I don't know whether I appear as 'no comment reply' - I find that the comments I get from people using Blogger are mostly that way. Anyway, I'm at marygother@gmial.com.

I hope your spammer pal is not capable of picking that up.

Emalee said...

Hi, Stopping by from SITS. Hope you have a GREAT day. AND I hope this never happens to me.....

Shell said...

How incredibly annoying!

I've only had one case of spam- I wrote a post about how I was NOT allowing my sons' grandma to buy them a cell phone(my oldest is only 4) and some idiot wrote that he didn't know about the age appropriateness of cell phones, but he wanted to talk to me about saving money on my cell phone. Ugh.

Working Mommy said...

Spambots make no sense...they don't contribute to society - or our blogs, for that matter - nor do they eat bugs...I mean, spiders eat bugs - so they're good. Did anyone get the movie reference?? No...oh well!! Hopefully Nishant will send naked pictures next time instead of just regurgitated comments!

Happy Monday SITStah!

~Working Mommy
Come on by, stay for a while and leave a comment or two!!

Quirky said...

You might want to think about doing comment verification words...I didn't, and I got hit by a spam bot. Before I could even get in to take it down, Blogger blacklisted me as a "spam blog". Now I'm trying to get them to review my blog to see that I'm really legit. I've been locked out since Thanksgiving. :( Anyway, be careful...some of those guys are more harmful than you think!

African American Mom said...

Guess Nishant won't be back. LOL!