November 30, 2009

Sunday Stealing Meme - 1st timer

I'm a day late, but I've decided to play along with Sunday Stealing this week. If you'd like to play along, too, visit the Sunday Stealing Blog.

1. When is your birthday? In the Spring. I'm a Gemini, although one of my friends who knows about these things tells me I have a lot of Taurus in me.

2. Where were you born? On the east coast of Canada. In the town my parents grew up in. In the same hospital they were born in.

3. Where do you live now? In Ontario... no where near the ocean.

4. What is your heritage? Canadian. I have English, Dutch, and French in my background... and rumors of some Eastern European, Jewish and Native American heritage, too (unconfirmed because all branches of my family tree have been in Canada for so long).

5. Tell us about a weakness. I have a weakness for chocolate. I have a weakness for ruggedly handsome men on TV (I know they're ruggedly handsome because of the comments on 'An Extremely Frivolous Post'). I have a weakness for anything that makes me laugh.

6. What's a goal that you'd like to achieve? I'd like to finish my MIS and get a job in my field. I'd like to stop worrying so much about what people think of me. I'd like to have more close friends. I'd like to have more fun. I'd like to feel accomplished.

7. What is the most overused internet phrase? OMG! Fail! Lol! and First! I must point out, though, that I enjoy internet speak and I'm fluent in it.

8. What was your first thought this morning? What do I have to do today? Oh crap, I have TOO much to do today!

9. When do you usually go to bed? 11-ish

10. Do you smoke? If not, did you ever? No and no. I never have. My parents smoked when I was a kid so I was a second-hand smoker.

11. Do you like your current relationship status? Married... in year 12 of my marriage, actually. 2 kids. No pets. I'm learning to like myself.

12. Do you (or did you) get along with your parents? Yes. My parents are fun. They like to joke around and visit water parks, among other things.

13. How often do you drink alcohol? Not often at all. Probably 4-5 times/year. I love martinis.

14. Have you ever tried drugs (that weren't prescribed)? Nope. I'm very straight-laced and dull that way.

15. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If yes, do tell. Yes. When I was in high school, we used to skinny dip off of my friend's little fishing boat, the Jaunty Carl.

16. If given the choice, how would you like to die? Bravely with all my goodbyes said and all my loose ends tied up.

17. What did you want to be when you grew up? A stand-up comedian.

18. Have you ever been dumped? No. I've pretty much been with the same guy since I was old enough to be interested in guys.

19. What's on your pizza? Chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted garlic and mushrooms. Multigrain crust.

20. Have you ever shoplifted? Yes, when I was a kid I did a few times... nothing big - just some life savers candy and a chocolate bar a few times. I wish I hadn't. I didn't understand the implications of my actions at the time.

.....

4 comments :

Lee the Hot Flash Queen said...

Great Answers! You are so good!!

Menopausal New Mom said...

Hey, I loved your answers, A stand up comedian? Wow, that's major! And you and I could share a pizza any day right here next to the ocean on the east coast!

Erin said...

I hope you still love me despite my affinity for alcoholic beverages....

;-)

kys said...

Your pizza sounds yummy!