Are you a geek?
Me? I am definitely a geek. I've compiled 10 fun facts that prove it.
If you find yourself nodding your head in recognition of any of the following, you just might be a geek, too.
1. I know the words to many of Monty Python's songs, especially the naughty ones.
Short list of songs I can belt out with style, on demand: Sit on my face, Isn't it frightfully good to have a penis?, Philosopher's drinking song, The meaning of life, I've got two legs, I like traffic lights, Every sperm is sacred, Camelot, The lumberjack song... And the list goes on.
2. I've been learning how to catalog books. I've been struggling with it because, really, what is the point of all these details and rules (I don't like rules)? Then last night we learned how to code them into a database.
When you put code around the information, all questions fall away - we need all the details and rules so that the information can be read by a computer.
That I get.
And it's fun to write code.
I also really enjoy HTML.
3. I read a disgusting number of lolz blogs. I know they're a waste of my time, but I can't resist them, especially when they're a WIN and they really bring the lolz.
I mean, come on, where else are you going to find stuff like this:
Short list of lolz I read: i can haz cheeseburger, i has a hotdog, roflrazzi, fail blog, engrish funny, pundit kitchen, up next in sports, people of walmart, my first fail, this is why you're fat, photo bomb, and there, i fixed it.
They're quick and they make me laugh... They're like the mini chocolate bars of the internet - they always taste like more.
4. I like video games.
5. I like comic books.
6. I have been known, although it is rare and always coincides with a re-reading of the books, to read Harry Potter fan fic. Not the naughty stuff, but the 'the story continues' stuff. I recommend this story.
7. I read the books I love (Harry Potter, Jane Austen, Jen Lancaster, Shopaholic, Bill Bryson, Margaret Lawrence, etc...) over and over (and over) again.
8. I am oblivious to office politics. I am also oblivious to certain social cues and painfully over-sensitive to others.
9. When I'm interested in something, I obsessively find out everything I can about it.
10. I have a blog.