Not to be confused with 10 timbits - the little donut rounds from Tim Hortons - which are much more fun than this, trust me.
The fabulous miss Erin from The Mother Load gave me an award yesterday.
With the award comes a demand (or perhaps a request, if you want to nitpick terminology here) that I share 10 things you might not know about me. Since I've been writing away here for almost 2 years and I tend to over-share there's probably not all that much you don't know about me, but I'm going to give it the old college try anyway.
1. I tend to assume people won't like me.
2. I have a terrible memory for names. I also have a hard time recognizing people by their faces, until they're more familiar. I can recognize new people again best by their hair, their personal style and the way they walk. If I met you once and you've had a haircut, dressed differently and you're stading still, chances are I will have no idea who you are.
3. I love TV. You probably know that already. Or maybe not. I don't love just any old TV, though. I'm choosy. I only like to watch what I like. I can't just sit down and watch whatever. Here's a list, in no particular order, of the shows I watch every week (I PVR them and watch them when I have some free time - usually while I eat breakfast): House, Lie to Me, Glee, The Biggest Loser, Modern Family, Fringe, Big Bang Theory, Being Erica (a Canadian show, it's awesome piled on awesome), Bones, Supernatural, SYTYCD, SYTYCD Canada and Eastwick. There are some shows I PVR but haven't been keeping up with: Cougar Town, Accidentally on Purpose, Melrose Place, The Good Wife, Mercy (all new this season. I'll probably drop them if they don't catch my interest soon.) Yes. I like TV.
4. I'm studying Information Science. There's a lot more information and science in it than I expected. It's challenging and I'm loving it!
5. I love kickboxing, but haven't done it recently. My gym doesn't offer a kickboxing class. Insert sad face here.
6. I love clothes and shopping.
7. I'm kind of lazy.
8. I used to think I was stupid. Now I think I'm smart. It might be wise to try to strike a happy medium. I'm probably not as smart as I think, or as stupid as I used to assume I was.
9. I really don't like
Poetry very much, but I
Really love haiku.
10. In my grade 9 creative writing class, I wrote a poem and handed it in under the name 'anonymous' . The teacher was so annoyed by the 'anonymous' poem that she stood in the front of the room and demanded to know who wrote it. She sounded so angry that I was afraid to tell her it was mine. It was chosen to be published in the school newspaper (also under the name 'anonymous'), which surprised me because I never intended for anyone to take it seriously. I wrote it to be a tongue in cheek spoof of peoms as I saw them then - fake heartfelt sentiment signed 'anonymous'. I intended for it to make my friends laugh, which it did, and to their credit they didn't out me as its author. Here it is:
I hope it stays throughout the year.
'I hope it stays throughout the year.' Heh. Still funny.
It's both over and understated, don't you think? I mean, yes, peace is a good thing but what about next year? We don't want peace next year? Nah. We just hope it stays throughout this year.
Thanks again Erin!
And I'll pass it on to the fair ladies of Snarkler. You know who you are.