August 7, 2009

A Chicken With Four Legs

I wondered if I spoke too soon when I told Monkey that there's no such thing as a chicken with four legs.

We were celebrating Hubby's new job with a store bought chicken, a dutch chocolate loaf and a few small gifts (a new sweater and an aloe plant). Monkey and Buddy both had drumsticks and, when he'd finished his, Monkey asked, "I can has more of that chicken bones, Mom?"

I smiled and shook my head, "There are no more drumsticks, honey."

"Aw! I want more."

"Well, they're all gone. Sorry, doll. Chickens only have two legs, you know."

"Next time can we get a chicken which has four legs?" he asked.

"There's no such thing as a chicken with four legs."

A few minutes passed while we all chewed, then Monkey said, "Mommy, I wish the kids had a secret lab."


Yes, I'm worried I spoke too soon when I told Monkey that there's no such thing as a chicken with four legs.

.....

13 comments :

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

I have a visual.

mama-face said...

What is it with chicken legs and children? They will only eat the legs. sheesh.

I was the same way.

Adorable little monkey. :)

CC said...

I don't like drumsticks. I'd prefer 4 breasts and no legs.

Wait.

that came out wrong. ;)

Pollyanna (formerly the Laughing Idiot) said...

Ooooo, those kids are smart!!! And pretty gosh darn scarey too.

Make sure you take pictures!

Ann said...

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Saturday SITS sharefest.

I'm a breast woman myself....lol...but I'd love to see a chicken with 4 legs.

Jenn @ youknow... that blog? said...

The store we get our BBQ chicken from has legs you can buy to add to your order - not an issue in our house, but sounds like it'd be just the thing for yours ;)

I'm blog hopping - hope to see you at my place some time.

Have a super weekend!

Bethany said...

Smart kid! Hehe!

Anonymous said...

I love creativity! You've got it going, girl.
I have a blog, www.rejuvenatenaturally.wordpress.com We have the first ever online scavenger hunt begining September 13. Check it out!

Jenn said...

You should always post. I feel like I have nothing to say a lot these days as well. But you entertain and I love your blog!
I have an award for you at my blog.

Lizzie said...

well, the drumstick IS the best part :)

Farmgirl Paints said...

HA! Kids say the funniest things:) Stoppin' by from SITS. Have a great Sunday.

Jennifer said...

Too cute!

Working Mum said...

Ha ha! Now there is a free thinking problem solving kid! With kids like him around, I can live safe in the knowledge that the great problems of the world will be solved!