August 10, 2009

Funhouse Mirror and More - A Visit to the Science Museum

Buddy was allowed to choose our activity for the day on Friday as a reward for being a good big brother. He chose to visit our local science museum and I chose to bring the camera.

We took pictures in the funhouse mirror:









The boys took a ride in an automobile:

Riding along in my automobile, my brother beside me at the wheel...




And a trip to outer-space to visit an astronaut:

Me: "Smile and say 'birthday cake'!"


Them: 'Hold your breath! There's no air in space!"


And did a bunch of other fab science-related stuff:

Visiting the thing (some kinda giant vacuum tube or something)


The tunnels (one of the boys' favourite things at the museum)


Light and image experiment


Sundial



And in other news...

That evening we took a walk to drop some books off at the library and visit the playpark. Monkey had his kaleidoscope in his right hand and his polar bear in his left. He was running along the sidewalk and tripped. Because his hands were full, he wasn't able to catch himself and he landed on his face. Poor Monkey!

Ouch!

I picked him up and there was an enormous, bleeding scrape covering half his face. We carried him home to clean it up. After the clean-up I put a big Spiderman bandaid on his cheek. It was so big I had to trim the edge so that it wouldn't cover his nostril. I stood back and admired my work. All better, I thought, but Monkey was worried.

"Everyone's going to make fun of me with this bandaid on my face," he wailed.

I assured him that no one was going to make fun of him and we made our way back outside where his big brother took one look at his bandaid covered face and said, "Whoa! You look cool!"

Monkey's worries were instantly erased and we went on our way to the library and the playpark.

.....

17 comments :

Ginny said...

You can never underestimate the value of a few words from a big brother, can you? If they knew how much power they actually have...

Erin M. said...

Your boys are darling and I'm in love w/ your blog background. I wish I knew how to do fancy stuff like that, but alas--I'm just a boring newbie blogger sans html knowledge, not techno savvy at all. Need to catch up on here and read lots of your stuff!

erin
(@erinlynn76 on twitter)

The Blonde Duck said...

How wonderful that a band aid can truly make everything better.

Jen said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!

Bethany said...

Your science center looks pretty cool! I hope his face feels better soon, it looks like it hurt!

Elaine A. said...

Poor little dude (with a pretty cool big brother!). That must've hurt.

The museum looks like fun!

scrappysue said...

looks like a fun day - hugs to monkey's boo boo - hope it heals soon!

Musings of the Mrs. said...

Oh, what a nice brother!

The Redhead Riter said...

Youch! Don't you hate that you can't fix everything for your kids?

Toni said...

The Power of a Big Brother should be bottled and sold lol. And I can't believe you got a child to want to go to a cinema - that should go down in parenting history!

Toni said...

The Power of a Big Brother should be bottled and sold lol. And I can't believe you got a child to want to go to a cinema - that should go down in parenting history!

Down Comforter said...

What a fun day! My boy's would love to visit that museum

Lizzie said...

what a great big brother :)


i love the space picture of them holding their breath! very cute

Michaela said...

It looks like they had a great time at the museum! I love the mirror pictures.
Glad to hear that big bro was able to make Monkey feel better after his fall!

Eva Gallant said...

Cute boys and cute blog!

Just dropping by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.

ModernMom said...

Found you through Loulou!'Love your blog and those pics in the funhouse mirrors are priceless!

Wilson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.