August 17, 2009

First Kisses

Erin at The Mother Load shared a very well told story of her first kiss today.

So in honour of Erin, I thought I'd also share my first kiss story:


He said he wanted to show me something so I followed him down into the basement. It was chaos. The walls were framed up, but uncovered by Gyprock or plaster. Two by fours and tools were scattered everywhere. The floor was treacherous and unfinished, with exposed dirt and broken concrete. He watched me take it all in and laughed. "My father is putting an office down here for his business."

He sat on the edge of the unfinished window, leaned forward and whispered, "I'd like to kiss you."

I grinned, thinking it was a joke.

He leaned forward again and lightly brushed his lips over mine.

"Your lips are very soft," he told me.

I reached up and touched my lips, too shy to say anything.

He smiled, "Tomorrow I'm going to bring elastics to the bus stop and shoot them at you."

Later that night I told my parents what he'd said about the elastics. I had been worrying for hours about going to the bus stop the next morning.

My parents called his and a few moments later he showed up in our living room and apologized for scaring me.

The next day he was at the bus stop, but the elastics were not.

We never talked about the kiss. And I never told anybody.


Erin is trying to build up her followers list. Head over to her blog, read her first kiss story and follow her because - whether she's sharing her tips for living green, spinning yarns about herself and her twin girls, or explaining how to make proper Challah - she's always fun to read and she's very worthy of a follow.

.....

10 comments :

scrappysue said...

cute mel! you are quite the storyteller

Lee said...

What a sweet story. And, you gotta love the elastics!

Down Comforter said...

Aww, too cute. Mine was just a game of truth or dare. I of course...took the dare and kissed G.C.

CC said...

I love that story. How old were you guys??

confused homemaker said...

elastics & love, ahh what a combo. the awkwardness of first kisses.

The Blonde Duck said...

Why would he kiss you and want to shoot you?!??!

Elaine A. said...

He was so romantic with his elastics talk! hee hee.

Mine was during a Freddy Kruger movie. Also EXTREMELY romantic, no?

Good story...

down pillow said...

That story reminds me of the saying- Pulling the Ponytails of the one you love...

very sweet story.

Rachel said...

That's hilarious!! I love it.

Ami said...

I loved this story the first time I read it, and I loved it even more this time. :) Thanks for leaving your link for last week's Creativity Corner prompt at Write Out Loud. I just posted a link to my First Kiss story in the comments. A new prompt will be posted this week. Looking forward to your response.