July 22, 2009

Some Canadian Chicks Who Sing

I want to share some of my favourite Canadian music with you. I love each and everyone of these songs written and performed by Canadian ladies. Canadian ladies just like me... except, you know, with talent and stuff.

Check 'em out:


The Good Lovelies, Lie Down

Beautiful harmonies and these chicks look like they have so much fun together.




Coeur De Pirate, Comme Des Enfants (Like Children)

Such a sweet song by la belle fille Québécoise (the beautiful girl from Quebec), Coeur de Pirate.




Julie Doiron, Swan Pond

I knew Julie when I was in university in Sackville, NB where I believe the swan pond in this song is located.




The Be Good Tanyas, The Littlest Birds

You might recognize this song because it was used in a Target ad. That doesn't stop it from being twelve kinds of awesome.




Let me know what you think!

xo

.....

5 comments :

L~ said...

the be good tanya's have been on my play list for a while - and thanks for sharing the others! The fisrt song, the last harmony - the last notes, hit me square in my heart. Loved it!

Jennifer said...

I have loved the Be Good Tanyas for sometime. I like your selections.
Are yo into Serena Ryder or Dala?

They are some great Canadian Talent!
Here is Dala http://livecreatelove.blogspot.com/2009/02/stop-and-listen-to-music-sunday-dala.html

Enjoy! I love sharing great music.

The Nag said...

I love them all!

Alex the Girl said...

Awesome talent. The first choice hit head on with the harmony. I agree with you completely. They look like they are having an excellent time.

Reluctant Housewife said...

I've deleted the above comments because the profiles lead to T & A sites. WTF?

STOP POSTING ON MY BLOG.

If this keeps up I'm going to have to turn on comment moderation.