April 28, 2009

Housewife Anthem

Sung to the tune of Independent Woman by Destiny's Child.

If you want to do it Karaoke style here's a decent instrumental version. Just right click on it and choose 'open link in new tab'.

Ready?

Okay, here we go:

Question: Tell me what you think about me
Don't own my own business, I don't make money
Care for my family cause they need me
My job's all hours and I don't get leave

Question: Tell me how you feel about this
I try to organize all the chores that exist
Clean my own house, and I raise my own kids
In charge of everything, I run a real tight ship

The shoes on their feet
I clean them
The clothes they're wearing
I clean them
The food they're eatin'
I cook it
'Cause they depend on me

If I wanted a clean house today
I clean it
The laundry folded
I fold it
The car vacuumed out
I clean it
All depends on me
(They depend on me)

All the women with dependents
Throw your hands up at me
All the honeys doin' housework
Throw your hands up at me
All the mommas raisin' babies
Throw your hands up at me
All the ladies who truly feel me
Throw your hands up at me

Girl I didn't know you could clean house like that
Baby, how your momma cleans house like that
Girl I didn't know you could raise kids like that
Baby, how your momma raises kids like that

Tell me how you feel about this
Why would I work if not for my kids?
I work hard and sacrifice to give what I give
Ladies, it ain't always easy havin' dependents

Question: How you like this knowledge I put forward?
Braggin' on those kids you got is your favorite reward
They're worth the trouble of these never ending chores
No one else could ever love them more

The shoes on their feet
I clean them
The clothes they're wearing
I clean them
The food they're eatin'
I cook it
'Cause they depend on me

If I wanted a clean house today
I clean it
The laundry folded
I fold it
The car vacuumed out
I clean it
All depends on me
(They depend on me)

All the women with dependents
Throw your hands up at me
All the honeys doin' housework
Throw your hands up at me
All the mommas raisin' babies
Throw your hands up at me
All the ladies who truly feel me
Throw your hands up at me

Girl I didn't know you could clean house like that
Baby, how your momma cleans house like that
Girl I didn't know you could raise kids like that
Baby, how your momma raises kids like that

You raisin' kids?
Well, yeah.
You clean the house?
Sure 'nuff.
We'll clean these people up housewife style

Child of this mommy(Woah)
Raising family(Woah)
No one else can complete the(Ooh Woah)
Housewife's chore list(Woah)

All the women with dependents
Throw your hands up at me
All the honeys doin' housework
Throw your hands up at me
All the mommas raisin' babies
Throw your hands up at me
All the ladies who truly feel me
Throw your hands up at me

Girl I didn't know you could clean house like that
Baby, how your momma cleans house like that
Girl I didn't know you could raise kids like that
Baby, how your momma raises kids like that

Girl I didn't know you could clean house like that
Baby, how your momma cleans house like that
Girl I didn't know you could raise kids like that
Baby, how your momma raises kids like that

Good morning babies!
Good morning Mommy!

.....

18 comments :

Patrice said...

LOL! You are so creative!! That cracked me up!! I'm very impressed with your songwriting skills!

Ashley Ann said...

Consider my hands thrown up!

B said...

Throwing my hands up at you!

Reasons to be Cheerful 1,2,3 said...

Looking forward to the CD so I can sing it whilst I do my chores!

Merrily Down the Stream said...

Girl! You crazy!

The Blonde Duck said...

You should totally take it on tour!

musingwoman said...

Can, um, mamas who don't do housework throw their hands up, too?

Reluctant Housewife said...

Musingwoman - of course!

Heather of the EO said...

That rocked!

You really are so creative. That was so great.

Beth said...

Love it (as I'm throwing my hands up).

Ellie-Jayne Designs said...

When can I get this on iTunes to play while I clean the living room - for the 6th time that day! :-)

~Amy

Elaine A. said...

I can totally see myself doing the "running man" to the this one - whilst I hold my feather duster of course! ; )

Texasholly said...

OMG. I love it!

Aunt Becky said...

Dude. You are my personal hero.

Beck said...

Good golly! YOU HAVE WRITTEN MY ANTHEM!

John Deere Mom said...

Sing it, sister!

Haiku Poems said...

Nice!
I like it!
Poetry directory

Lizzie said...

that is too funny! i think i actually spit coke on my laptop reading the lyrics :)