April 15, 2009

Honesty - My Best Policy

People, it's time I came clean.

I really can't spell.


I couldn't spell my way out of a paper bag. Not even to save my life. Like, for instance, if there was, say, a tiger or a dinosaur or a blog reviewer (heh) in the paper bag with me.

I'm terrible.


Even with spell check, which I always use, I'm terrible. Sometimes I spell words so very, sadly wrong that spell check doesn't even recognize them. I have to play around with the vowels until it offers me the correct choice. And sometimes I'll spell a word correctly and then I'll change it to make it wrong so that I can be sure it was right by choosing it from spell check's suggestions.

Why? I don't know.

Maybe this hearkens back to the fact that, when I was a kid, not only could I not keep my b's and d's straight, I also couldn't keep my c's and s's straight. Or maybe it's because I was in the French Immersion program in school and, as such, I learned to spell in French. Or maybe spelling just isn't my thing, you know?

Or maybe spelling is evil and out to get me.

That must be it.

Totally.

.....

6 comments :

Anissa said...

I'm the same way! Thanks for coming by today!

Mary G said...

I can spell (usually) but I can't carry a tune. I think it's the wetware you are issued that determines stuff like that.
And Immersion doesn't help.... dentist? dentiste? Merde.

Jennifer said...

Spell check is my best friend! I am with you on this one.

scrappysue said...

86 comments??? was any of it fun mel??? sounds like y'all were ready to host a tupperware party together hehe

as for spelling - i rock at it, but we all know your talents lie elsewhere - reviewing reviewers and dragging 'reluctant' evil bloggers into your calm happy space!!! hehe

highly amusing - glad it wasn't me :)

Nat said...

Good morning....
Don't worry I can't spell for the life of me..and I'm even worse in french! lol
I at times refuse the spellchecks correct writing of the word for mine. lol
What's even worse I ramble...My sentences run on and on....lol

Have a great Day all!

B said...

You have to make sur you stop in and see the shiney somthing I hav on my blog for you tody.

What was that you said about bad spelling? ;)