February 17, 2009

This is A Wall Frame

This is going around Facebook like the plague. Copy, paste, voila! Instant blog post.

Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, and/or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.


1. I think I look better without make-up.

2. I do my craft stuff at a $25.00 Ikea table in my living room. It holds all my bead stuff and my laptop computer. Underneath I have two 40cm soft planters, also from Ikea, which hold my yarn stash. The set-up makes me happy.

Yarn stash.


3. I have strong opinions about politics and religion but I don't like to talk about them. I don't mind if other people's opinions differ from mine.

4. I get restless when I don't have a few books on the go. I'm usually reading at least three.

5. I love cover songs. I often like covers better than the original song. Not sure why that is...

6. I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that any space my family inhabits will inevitably be cluttered. We're not very organized or tidy. There's a difference between a space looking comfortably lived in and a dirty space... Just because we have a bunch of books and toys laying around doesn't mean we're not clean.

7. Now that I'm in my thirties, I acknowledge my potential. I spent the first 30 years of my life underestimating myself and selling myself short.

8. I'm allergic to cats. I get hives. Hives are itchy and unsightly. Cats are not my friends.

9. I like winter more than summer. I like snow. I don't like heat.

10. I've met some wonderful people through blogging. There's an enormous community of moms who blog. They're a caring and supportive bunch. They're also internet geeks. Like me.

11. I write most days, but I'm not writing a book.

12. I don't like to cook. People are often surprised when I tell them this. I'm not sure why they're surprised. I'm also not sure why they always ask me if I like to cook.

13. My brother tells me that people find the way in which I eat hot cereals (oatmeal, creme of wheat, etc...) weird. I eat them with toast and peanut butter. I like to dip the toast in the cereal. It's very tasty. Maybe it is weird, but I think it's much weirder that my brother talks to people about how I eat hot cereals.

14. I don't really understand people. I find them, unless I know them very well, extremely hard to talk to. I'm often painfully self-conscious when I meet new people and, as a result, I come off as awkward and wooden. Naturally, people LOVE me immediately. Yeah. Not so much.

15. Because I'm always trying to figure people out, I'm very aware of body language and I'm very good at reading it.

16. I think I'm a geek, but the online nerd/geek/freak quiz said I'm a nerd. Now my personal identity is all screwed up. Tragic.

17. I married my high school sweetheart.

18. My kids are delightful. Right now they're running around the house shirtless, in touques and bead necklaces, playing some kind of imaginary warrior game.

19. I like birthday cake. I think my love of birthday cake will someday save the world. Well... not really.

20. I once owned a broken wind-up clown doll. When you wound it up it played strange frantic, discordant music until its head flew off. It was freakin' hilarious. I wish I'd kept it.

21. I don't like furniture sets. Furniture that is too matchy-matchy gives me a pain.

22. I love coffee. I have to be reminded to drink water.

23. I love to dance and sing but I'm not good at either.

24. I love to make people laugh.

25. I'm usually kidding.

Good to know, don't you think?

Questions? Comments? Want me to elaborate on anything? What's new with you? Let's chat!

Also... if you follow the blog I tag YOU to do this too. If you do, don't forget to let me know.

xo

.....

11 comments :

misspro312 said...

I have strong opinions on politics and religion, but I don't think I know enough to convey them right!

I did this on facebook but I will put this on my blog too!

Mary G said...

I also did this on Facebook.
With you on 6, 9, 10 and 12. Especially 12.
I put my craft stuff in wicker baskets.
Love your list.

Katie said...

Well thanks. Your wind-up clown doll will be in my nightmares tonight!

Elaine A. said...

So I guess it's good you live in the Great White North, huh? (#9) And #18 made me giggle! Love it!

And I like wedding cake more that birthday cake. Not really sure what the difference is, but there's something about it...

Debbie said...

I'm usually kidding too! And people often don't know that. I'm with you on the politics and religion too.

Working mum said...

I like the geek one, being a fellow geek. I took a book on Mathematical Curiosities to my hospital appointment today to read while I waited. Can't tell you how many odd looks I got!

The Blonde Duck said...

I love this meme. I don't know if I look better without makeup, I just know I don't wear it much at all!

Merrily Down the Stream said...

sorry about the nerd/geek/freak thing - maybe i should take that test!

B said...

I love the soft planters you used to house the yarn. I'm thinking of making something like that to keep myself better organized. And of course make my house look oh-so-stylish.

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

pretty funny stuff!

NJDecorator said...

#7 is amazing and very insightful. It's great you were willing to share that.

Thanks for visiting me on my SITS day - appreciated the company!