February 26, 2009

How I Saved Penguin Day

Monkey's class has been studying penguins. Yesterday I had a notice that there's going to be a penguin party tomorrow. The kids are supposed to dress up as their favourite penguins.

Monkey's favourite penguin is the Little Blue, or Fairy, penguin

How cute are they? They're the smallest penguins in the world.

I told Monkey he could wear blue clothes tomorrow to be a Fairy penguin. He asked if I could make him a mask. I said I'd make him a hat. So last night I sat down to design a penguin hat. Want to see the results?

Monkey, meet little blue - the penguin hat.

























That's one happy penguin.




Not a bad match, if I do say so myself.



He's so excited to wear his hat to the penguin party tomorrow.

.....

12 comments :

Rachel said...

OMG, that's the cutest thing I've ever seen!!! I'm so jealous of your talent!

Monkey will be the envy of his classmates!

jill said...

that's AWESOME!!!!!

Debbie said...

You give us slacker moms a bad name. You know that, right:)

Working mum said...

How fantastic is that? You are so clever. I would have totally freaked out if daughter had come home saying she had to be a penguin.

(If she ever does, would you do one for me?)

scrappysue said...

you're a STAR!!! that's SO CUTE! hope the party goes well for monkey

The Nag said...

You are one terrific mom!

Mary G said...

Wow! That is one amazing hat. And Little Penguin obviously loves it.

Merrily Down the Stream said...

Very sweet!

Cairo Typ0 said...

That hat is amazing! How long did it take to knit up? Fabulous!!

Reluctant Housewife said...

Thanks everybody.

Cairo Typ0 - it took around 2 hours, including finishing. Not too bad.

Parent Club said...

awsome-tastic!

Ami said...

How cute! You're so creative!