January 12, 2009

What I Can and Can't Do

Today I feel discouraged.


Do you ever feel like that?


Today I feel overwhelmed and tired and like if one more thing is added to my to do list I might just curl up into a tight little ball and scream.

except that that would be ridiculous.


Do you ever feel like that?



My horoscope this morning said, "Tell others what you can and can't do." I thought, "Okay. I will."

I Can:
- make my own hats.
- Zumba.
- make people laugh.
- use a drill.
- find a bargain.
- kiss bobos (booboos) better.
- smile when I feel like crying.
- make really good coffee.
- let people in in traffic.
- bake cookies.
- spin a yarn (figuratively and literally).
- stand up for the little guy.
- keep a well-stocked purse.
- find my way around a PC.
- put together Ikea furniture.
- use public transit
- dream


I Can't:
- tolerate ignorance.
- understand violence.
- grow up.
- keep my house clean.
- give up.
- bake a pie.
- decide on my own personal sense of style.
- find enough time in the day for everything I want to accomplish.
- believe that I'll succeed.
- make my own curtains (although I'd like to learn how).
- fry chicken.
- fix everything (as much as I'd like to).
- stop dreaming.

What about you - what can and can't you do?

.....

11 comments :

Laura said...

I know for a fact that I can't xumba - I have no idea what it is!!

Laura said...

Oops I meant Zumba.

Also can't type properly. Ahem.

Sass E-mum said...

Well I don't know if I can Zumba or not, though it sounds fun, however...

I can run for a bus, persuade a small girl that it's okay to wear socks that aren't pink, bake a cake, spot a split infinitive, ignore a tantrum, and make up convincing answers to almost any question.

It's just a shame that I can't do arithmatic in my head, speak a foreign language, follow a knitting pattern accurately, wrap a tidy parcel, bake bread, think of exactly the right thing to say at the right time or grow my nails to a reasonable adult length.

Sass E-mum said...

I'm laughing. Just looked up Zumba. I so can't do that.

Eudea-Mamia said...

Oh, what a great post.

I can't: control my temper on occasion - say, when my 2-year-old has his fourth meltdown of the morning because I didn't do something the exact way HE wanted it done.

I can: be more patient with the Youngest. Someone please wake me when he finally hits 3.

Thanks for the room to vent!!

I feel you, I so do.

Jen said...

well look at you. Apparently, I can't blog kid free today. Some one just has to be on my lap the minute I sit down.

Kacey R. said...

Oh Girl! We all have those days! Thanks so much for sharing your list. I'm feeling the "smile when I feel like crying" I'm pretty good at that too. Your list of "Cans" far out weighs the cannots - who needs a clean house anyways! A chaotic one just creates a new adventure for my little ones to find whatever is missing. LOL

I hope you feel better today!

Merrily Down the Stream said...

I can't xumba OR zumba.
I get that overwhelmed feeling [exactly the work I use] pretty much every 21 days if you catch my drift. And it lasts about a week.
What I can't do is not be overwhelmed every 21 days.

Elaine A. said...

I may just have to steal this diea for a future post!

Now go check a few things off of that "Can't do" list (except for the obvious good ones of course!). I suggest you start with baking a pie. ; )

Heather said...

I can say "No I cannot speak Korean"...in Korean. And I can't sew. Or I won't anything needing preciseness and neatness is not on my list of things to do...

Amanda said...

I wish I could recover furniture. I also wish I could spell the other word for recovering furniture. Whatever.