January 5, 2009

Not What You Might Expect for a Monday

Today I am oddly joyful.


I spent the morning driving around, running errands... smiling at people, singing along to my music. It was great.


Maybe it was the fact that I had time to drink an entire cup of coffee this morning before running the kids to school.


Maybe it was the full night's sleep I managed to have last night.


Maybe it the few hours I had to myself while the kids were at school.


Maybe Hubby drugged the coffee.


But I think it was most likely the weather. It's warm today - only -5C (that's 23F to those of you who use Fahrenheit). That might not sound warm to you but, trust me, it's positively balmy. And the snow. The snow is falling so beautifully; large fluffy flakes which don't so much fall as hover, moving slowly downward until they settle lightly on the ground. It's gorgeous.


Here's a video of the snow falling outside my kitchen window. Check it out - I'm sure it will make you smile:

video



Happy Monday everybody!

PS: I hope you had a great weekend and an easy back to school!

.....

13 comments :

scrappysue said...

that DID make me smile. maybe it was the music too - who's singing that? it's amazing what a good night's sleep will do! as romantic as that show looks i'll take my t-shirt and skirt i'm wearing for our 70 deg weather. hugs!

CC said...

A full night's sleep? A couple of hours without the kids???? Wow. I'd be in a GREAT mood too!

The Happy Mom said...

Happy Monday to you! My daughter was NOT looking forward to going back today, poor kid! :)

I have an award for you on my blog today!

Barb said...

Hey nice to see someone so cheery on a Monday... great way to start the week....
made me smile...thanks...needed that after a busy day at work

Merrily Down the Stream said...

Ohhhhhhhh, I remember that kind of snow growing up in Minnesota - love that kind and the muffled quiet is amazing. Thanks for sharing it. Happy Monday!

Kacey R. said...

A full night of sleep AND a full cup of coffee?! YEAH YOU! That is awesome!

Beth said...

I love that you think 23 F is warm. I don't like to wear socks. I really prefer to wear my Teva's. As soon as it 40 F to me - after winter - it's a heat wave and out come my summer shoes. Glad you had a great Monday, Beth

Elaine A. said...

That snow IS gorgeous! I was complaning b/c it was 35 F here today. Us Texans don't like the temp to dip below 50! : )

Glad you had a great day!!

wendy said...

I love snow...but we live in the south and it rarely snows here. :(

Thanks for visiting my blog today! That and the snow video made me smile.

Ami said...

I think you're definitely right about the snow. Snow like that always makes me smile no matter how crappy my day has been. Thanks for sharing your snowy experience. I'm smiling now!

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

yes, sleep will do it!

Amanda said...

My kids don't go back to school till tomorrow. The holidays have been fun but it will be nice to be back into a routine.

In the video, I thought someone was going to run through naked or something. I'm so jealous of your snow.

The Mom Bomb, a/k/a Folksy Mama said...

I had a happy Monday too! When the bus picked up the kids, I started jumping up and down and clapping. All the kiddies on the schoolbus gave me nasty killer looks.