January 1, 2009

Not The Original Party Girl After All

Last night I was just drifting off to sleep when the screaming started.


I opened my eyes and asked Hubby, who was just getting into bed, "Why are they screaming?"


"It's the New Year," he said, "they're celebrating."


"Oh," I said. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was 12:04. "Happy New Year... and happy anniversary."

"Thanks! Same to you. I'm just sorry they woke you up."

"Oh, that's okay," I said, "I'm just happy their house isn't on fire. I thought it was bad screaming, not good screaming. I don't mind if they celebrate."

Then I went back to sleep.



Happy New Year everyone!

.....

7 comments :

Working mum said...

That made me laugh - I was woken up at midnight by fireworks - thought it was gunfire! Though why there would be gunfire in a quiet suburb of Manchester, I don't know!

Heather said...

Happy New Year! Hope you got to sleep in!

Anna Lefler said...

Hey, sounds like your New Year's Eve was about as exciting as ours! Woot!

Happy New Year and thanks for visiting my blog! Yours is awesome...

Take care...

:^) Anna

Barb said...

too funny....
Hope you have a happy anniversary and a Happy New Year

Laura said...

Happy New Year!

Beck said...

I went to bed SICK at 9, which means that officially I am now old.
Happy anniversary AND happy new year to you!

Ami said...

Oh man! I can so relate. My mom called me at midnight to wish me a happy new year and she woke me up. My MOM! I'm so old!

Happy New Year!