January 29, 2009

How Uncouth!

I just read a post at Don Mills Diva. You should read it, too. Apparently Kelly (the Diva) was quoted in The Times On-Line in an article called Danger online: Perils of revealing every intimate moment.

According to Kelly: "I feel furious because I was never interviewed for the story and had no idea I even appeared in the story until my daily Google Alert for Don Mills Diva lead me there." Apparently, The Times On-Line quotes from an interview with Kelly which first appeared in the Canadian newspaper The Globe and Mail and from her blog. And they don't credit her or the other newspaper.

How Uncouth!

Head over to DMD and read all about it!


Note: I quote from Kelly here, too, and without her permission. But at least I credited her. And I'm not a newspaper, I'm just a... a... Hmmm... Not sure what, but it should be really funny (you fill in the blank).

.....

2 comments :

The Blonde Duck said...

I don't know if what that newspaper did is legal. I work at a newspaper as a writer, and we always reveal our sources. If we quote someone, we have to actually talk to them. If we read it somewhere in another article, we can use the information only if we reference where it came from and state we did not speak to them.

Don Mills Diva said...

I don't think that it's actually illegal but it's definitely unprofessional and what really burned my butt is that reporters in the mainstream media are forever lamenting that bloggers contribute to the lowering of journalistic standards.

Oh the irony!