January 6, 2009

Hey Google, what the hell?

It's too bad that the ad on my sidebar is different everytime this page loads because I want to show you what it says right now.

The ad on my sidebar right now? It says:

Free Wife Personals
Date lonely house wives near you.
View profiles 100% free. Join now!
Pft. Besides being ridiculous... I mean, really? Date? Wives? Hmmm... Call me crazy, but... Well.


Anyway...

As I was saying: Besides being ridiculous, Google ads is supposed to somehow look at the content on my website and generate ads that are similar. All through Christmas, when I was featuring Christmas music, Google Ads featured ads about Christmas music. Now that I'm back to my usual content, Google Ads wants my married readers to find boyfriends. Or for strange lonely men who find my blog by accident to locate my married readers? I don't know.

And, worse, I bet these ads are not generating very many clicks. Because one thing I know for sure - strange lonely men are not my main readers. No. My main readers are other mom bloggers.


So, call me crazy, but I'm thinking that profiles of lonely housewives 100% free is not the kind of goods or services that interest my readers. Am I right?


No wonder google ads has only generated 84 cents so far.


Yeesh.

.....

8 comments :

Doublebanker said...

Haven't checked my adsense ads too carefully. But yours are strange...I'll try to give you a few more sense.

Patrice said...

LOL!! This cracked me up!! I might have to get Google Ads just to see what they generate for me! lol

Scary Mommy said...

LOL!! I took mine down after I had countless ads for penile implants. And after three months I had a whopping 3.79$. I suppose that's a good thing though!

scrappysue said...

don't spend it all in one shop!!! my dad always says that hehe

Jen said...

I loved this. Too funny!!!!

Laura said...

That's hysterical. Who would want to date someone who spends most of her time covered in her children's snot anyway?

Debbie said...

Now these lonely housewives - do you guess if they are truly lonely they might come to my house and clean? Because if so, I am one click away from realizing my dreams.

Amanda said...

I think you have it all wrong. That's totally what I came over for. I was hoping you were going to introduce us to some hot new guy. I don't know if I will visit again now that I understand you won't be setting me up...Dang it.