December 19, 2008

What happened?(!?)

I want to know something....


But first... here's the evidence:

Britney Spears circa 2007




Nelly Furtado circa 2007




Is it just me or do these two songs sound alike? Especially in the chorus. Maybe it is just me... but I think they do (they don't sound the same, but I hear many similarities).


More evidence:

Nelly Furtado circa 2001:



See? Nelly Furtado used to be cool. And she didn't sound a thing like Britney Spears:

Britney Spears, circa 2001:



See?

And I don't think Britney's sound has changed all that much...

So, my question is this:


Nelly! What the hell happened?



Edited to add: Hubby thinks it has something to do with production - both 2007 albums were produced by "big" producers, apparently. Hubby thinks this might be effecting Nelly Furtado's sound. Hubby also isn't sure that the two songs do sound alike... So it's entirely possible I'm just crazy.


What do you think?

.....

2 comments :

Mama Zen said...

Everything by Britney Spears sounds alike to me!

debilyn said...

Stopping by from SITS =)

I agree with MamaZen...all of Brit's stuff sounds the same to me, too...

and I used to be a big fan of Nelly Furtado.

have a wonderful weekend!