December 11, 2008

Some Bloggy News

So you might have noticed... We now have THREE columns here at Adventures of the Reluctant Housewife. Three columns give us so much more room for all the stuff we want to have hanging around. And by "we" I mean "me" because I am single-handedly responsible for the content contained herein and I am very, very sorry about that (haha).

Edited to add: I've also completely sold out and added some google ads to the ol' blog. Sigh. But, you know, I deserve to earn pennies a day for all my hard work, too, don't I? Oh well, either way... Onward and upward, yes?


And also, I have been awarded a wonderful blog award by the multi-talented Knit Purl Girl who, as you might have guessed by her name, is a knitter AND (according to her profile) she also is a "crafter, scrapbooker, stamper, paper crafter, reader, cook/baker, wife, mommy, autism activist, and sipper of $4 coffee." She also has three blogs: a mommy blog, a knitting blog and a scrapping blog. Wow. When does she find the time to sip that coffee, I wonder? I bet she does what I sometimes do - buy the coffee and run out of time to drink it, it goes cold and has to be dumped out (so, so sad).

Anyway, she has very nicely awarded me a Friends Award.

What is a friends award, you say? Well it comes with this very helpful descriptive paragraph:

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.
Thank you, Knit Pearl Girl! What a wonderful award!

The eight bloggers I'd like to pass this award onto are (cue drum roll, please...):

1. Sue at My Home Wellingtown
2. Sass at One Strangely Lush Mother
3. Working Mum at Working Mum on the Verge
4. Amanda at Amanda's Life
5. Elaine at the Miss Elaineous Life
6. Kelly at Don Mills Diva
7. Nag at Nag on the Lake
8. Ami at Writing: My life

These are some of my first bloggy buddies and they're still hanging around, reading and commenting and they also have really stellar blogs. So a great big bloggy hug and thank you to each one of them. I hope you're following these blogs. If you're not, you're definitely missing out!

Thanks again, Knit Pearl Girl!

.....

8 comments :

CC said...

ooooooooo! 3 columns!

scrappysue said...

3 columns rock - and THANKS mel! i'm feeling a bit lacklustre about my blog. with blogger not showing me as a living breather blogger - i'm not getting much 'street' traffic, and apparently those that follow don't even get updates! i've written to blogger today - so we shall see!

anyhoo - lovin' the videos - i put one up today - not like yours tho!

thanks again and ho ho ho hehe

Connie Weiss said...

I love having 3 columns on my blog. It makes it look more organized or something.

AND I did it myself. I don't know how but I did.

Don Mills Diva said...

Look at you and your three columns!

Thanks so much for the award and the kind words. I THINK I will go to BlogHer this year but I'm not 100% positive...

Sass E-mum said...

So pleased you've still got your grumpy, yet pleasingly attractive woman in the title though. Three columns are cool.

Good luck with those ads. Brave of you to sell out. With just 10 readers a week, I've not been bothered to do that.

And thank you for the award - it's just the kind of blogger I wanted to be. Mind you - you've got most of my eight in your list. What to do?!

The Nag said...

Thanks so much! I want to pass it on to some others but I'll have to give it a little bit more thought.

Working mum said...

Oooo thank you! That's a really lovely award.

Elaine A. said...

I am sorry I am just now getting around to saying it but THANK YOU so much, this means A LOT to me! And I am excited to pass it on.

I would love to see you at BlogHer but not sure if I am going or not. The hubs and I are currently in talks about it... ; )