December 12, 2008

So... A new look for me.

Many changes...

I was reading a bunch of stuff about blog design... I read that it's better if content is visible on the front page, AKA don't have too big a header. My header was huge. You had to scroll down just to find my content. So I made a smaller header.

And I read that it's easier to read a blog which has dark text on a light background. So I made some more changes.

And I read that it's better not to clutter up sidebars too, too much... So I got rid of some stuff...

What do you think? do you like it, or did you like it better before? Does it suit the personality (if I can call it that) of the blog?

.....

9 comments :

Alexis Jacobs said...

I like it! I really love the purple sidebar design.

Beck said...

I MUCH, MUCH prefer dark text on a light background. Lovely!

CC said...

I like it, but the lilacs (is that what they are?) don't repeat that well in the background. So maybe a bigger pattern for the background?

scrappysue said...

love it, love it, love it! will take a bit of getting used to - i was used to that grey and pink, but i love it! most excellentnessis...sis...

Lyndsay said...

LOVE it! I think it's a great improvement. I've always been one for small header and not a lot of clutter. In fact, uber cluttered blogs drive me right away. I hadn't thought about the background/text issue, but now that you mention it, I totally agree!

Thanks for stopping by my blog awhile back!

Beth said...

Love it!

The Dotterel said...

Yep! Me too - I've only just decided I should have a new look in the New Year. What template did you use?

Working mum said...

Love the new look. The header is fab - glad you kept the reluctant housewife picture.

I keep thinking of changing, but can't decide what I want, as usual!

Ami said...

I like the new look. I especially like the change in background/text colors. Much easier on the eyes. :)