December 17, 2008

First School Concert... Stupid batteries!

This morning was Monkey's Christmas concert. It was adorable - all the junior and senior kindergarten kids singing songs with actions. Planning ahead, I put fresh batteries in my new camera this morning. When I turned the camera on to take some pictures at the concert - the batteries died after three pictures! They were rechargeable batteries - I guess they must not have been fully charged. As a result I have no pictures or video of Monkey's first school concert. Sucks. I will be wiser for the next concert... I'll bring an extra set of batteries.

I did get a picture of Monkey when we got home - here he is looking all grown up on the day of his first school concert.


For more Wordful Wednesday, go to

.....

14 comments :

Jen said...

stupid camera but he does look really cute!

Kimber said...

How frustrating. He looks adorable though.

Sass E-mum said...

What a shame - he's a gorgeous looking boy.

angie said...

Oh no! What a complete bummer. That sort of thing always happens to me, too! :)

blueviolet said...

He looks so darn cute!

texasholly said...

So cute! I made sure my batteries were good and then left out the memory card...crap. I kept snapping and deleting down to the best 5 that my camera can hold without a card. Spent the whole program staring at my camera instead of the program.

scrappysue said...

he DOES look grown up! i hate it when i miss something 'big'. i try to convince myself that it's the every day moments that are just as important too.

i don't know how you keep up with that ever so long blogroll!!!

Nicole said...

Never fails!!!! You can't help but be so angry at yourself you doing those kinds of things. Too bad.

scrappysue said...

can u believe i pulled a 'mel' tonight? miss 10's school leaver's dinner. out comes the camera - dead battery, DOH!!!

thanks heavens for the point and shoot. not so great, but still a pic or two.

Tabitha Blue said...

Oh, I hate when that happens!!!! He looks adorable though!!!! What a cutie!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Julie said...

Thats cute.. I can hardley wait for my kids to do stuff like that!

CC said...

Darn those batteries!!!!!

Elaine A. said...

Oh my Gosh, he does look all grown up! Sorry your batteries died. I live in mortal fear of that myself...

girlytwins said...

What a bummer. He looks very cute afterwards though.

Thanks for stopping by my blog for WW.