December 6, 2008

Carol of the Bells

By The Celtic Women




I've loved this carol since I played it on the violin as a.... well, as a violin player I suppose, when I was in school. I liked the harmonies. I had a hard time finding a version of it that I liked, but I love this one (who cares if their dresses are sort of weird and they smile too much? Not me. Nope.). I like the Celtic violin and, speaking as someone who played the violin in her distant, murky past, I can tell you with some authority that the woman playing the violin in this video is da bomb (but was anyone else worried her hair was going to get caught in her bow?).

.....

6 comments :

Heather said...

Agreed: Not crazy on the cream-puff dresses, but lovely sound. The intricacies of the violin astound me actually. She plays the violin, wears a creampuff dress, does little jigs across the stage and manages to keep her hair out of the way...the wonders of multitasking! Wow!

jill said...

i agree they are hard to watch but the sound is AMAZING! thanks for sharing!

Working mum said...

THANK YOU! I have been singing that song all week and couldn't remember its name.

Just been catching up on your last 13 posts. My favourite has to be Nat King Cole, it's my default song on Dizzler at the moment.
"Chestnuts roasting by an open fire........"

Melissa said...

Wow...sounds great!!!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

I totally thought her hair was going to get all up in the strings.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

CC said...

This was so cool!! I've loved the song forever, but never seen it with violin solo!