November 16, 2008

Seven - The Short Poem Edition

I've been tagged by Suzanne at Always Ours. Thanks for the tag! It's always fun to be tagged by new readers.

Here are the rules:
The rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules.
3) Share seven random or weird facts about yourself.
4) Tag 7 random people at the end of the post with their links.
5) Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

I think I've actually done this one a bunch of times... but I can't for the life of me locate any of those posts... So here goes nothing - Seven random or weird facts about myself, the cop-out short poem edition:


1. Haiku

I like a Haiku.
Short and fun to write. Seven-
teen syllables long.


2. Limerick

There once was a girl from Canada
Who answered a meme. Ta dah, ta dah!
She knew not what to say
So she poetry-ed away
She's a nut that girl from Canada


3. Name

Meetings online, relationships formed lead to
Exchanges of small games, questions and link love
Must be answered quickly, never ignored
Except if you want people to stop tagging you
Social rules can be so hard to follow.


4. Epigram

I've not heard of this type of poem before
It wouldn't surprise me to be shown the door

Because I'm supposed to be talking 'bout myself
But that is a topic that is still on the shelf

Instead I'm focusing on short verse
Which, with as little knowledge as I possess, is really quite perverse.


5. Free verse

I think free verse can really be anything
At all

I know that it really shouldn't rhyme
At all

But I thought that I might throw in a common theme
At all

By constantly repeating the two words "at all"
For all


6. Quatrain

I'm running out of types of poems
I think I'll have to repeat
A type of poem I've already used
To make this meme complete.


7. Another Haiku

Seven random facts.
But they're not so much about
Me after all, hun?


There.

Now, I have to tag seven random people... so um... okay. But, you know what? I think most people have already done this one... So I'm going to keep rule breaking away and not tag anyone. If you enjoyed these little poems, why don't you write seven short poems, too? And don't forget to let me know about it!

.....

5 comments :

The Tripp Family said...

wow, I sure am glad I didn't get tagged with that one! I don't have a poetic bone in my body! Just visiting from SITS - I like you already since you were way late to roll call like I always am :)

Elaine A. said...

You're so creative! I'm supposed to do this meme too... but I'm no poet like you... Hey, that rhymed, maybe I am! ; )

Great job with this one!

Kristi Smith said...

There is no way I could do this one, everyone would know how dumb I really am.

Working mum said...

Just catching up on your posts - loved the pictures, especially bunny one. Glad I'm not the only person who uses IKEA as giant playhouse! (DPS Did you know your husband was sitting in my new armchair!)

Ami said...

These are great! I might give this a try sometime this month.

And...you've been tagged over at my blog.