October 30, 2008

What I Found Yesterday Morning

I like snow.


At least I like snow in Winter.


But snow before Halloween should be illegal.



Despite the ridiculousness of pre-snow-season snow, on Tuesday night we had a snow storm. When we headed to bed, it was so windy that it was actually snowing sideways.

On Wednesday morning, we woke up to a new world.


7 AM... Pre-dawn and pre-coffee (all is dark).



Post-dawn-ish and Post-coffee (the world seems a brighter place).



The tree in our front yard wears snow well.



My boys looked oddly puffy in full snow gear



Slush, mess and traffic on our way to school



More pretty snowy trees


Despite our freak snow storm... Tomorrow, for Halloween, we're supposed to have no snow left and temperatures in the mid-teens (Celsius - not too cold, just about right for Trick-or-treating).


Well, I'm off to carve some pumpkins with those oddly puffy boys (now all de-puffed, out of their snowsuits). Should be fun...

Happy Halloween Eve/Boxing snow day!!

.....

5 comments :

Rebecca said...

Oooh! I miss snow!!! But you're right. October is too early!!! So, do you have to change Halloween costumes to account for colder temps? I remember a year when we put thermals on under our costumes and threw blankets over our shoulders. Have a happy Halloween!

I'd like to invite you over to my blog for a slice of virtual cheesecake and a cup of coffee. I'm celebrating my 1st blogiversary! Hope to see you there!!!
Rebecca @ Beautiful Feet

Poetikat said...

Way too early! And what's up next? Christmas decorations and ads on t.v. Give me strength!

Kat

scrappysue said...

that's a LOT of snow for october!

Quirky said...

Snow in October?! Blech. It's pretty, but it makes me appreciate the fact that it's almost 70 degrees F today. I'll take the warmth any day.

Elaine A. said...

Ok, now I see why it's possible for you to be listening to Christmas music already! HA!