October 23, 2008

Too Much or Not Enough?

I'm feeling lazy and not really myself today. So, in the absence of words, I'm taking the easy way out.

Memes: Easy blogging.

Here's one I found at Poetikat's Invisible Keepsakes:


1.My uncle once: took me for a ride on his Harley.

2. Never in my life have I: tried Sushi, although I want to.

3. When I was five my parents took me: to the beach on Easter Sunday, it was that warm that year.

4. High school was: silly.

5. I will never forget to: pick my kids up at school.

6. Once I met: my future husband.

7. There’s this boy I know: who refuses to eat his Thai leftovers.

8. Once, at a bar, I: drank screwdrivers with my brother.

9. By noon, I’m: hungry.

10. Last night I: ate Thai food, cleaned the kitchen and went to bed. Partay!

11. If only I had: my Christmas shopping done, I could relax.

12. Next time I go to church: I'll be very surprised to be there.

13. What worries me most is that I: won't get into the Masters program and also that I will.

14. When I turn my head left I see: that my bookshelves need organizing again.

15. When I turn my head right I see: a wall.

16. You know I’m lying when I: am trying very hard not to smile.

17. What I miss most about the Eighties is: gel bracelets.

18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be: the comic relief.

19. By this time next year I will: either be in school or trying to figure out what to do now because I didn't get in.

20. A better name for me would be: Um... Giggles McLaughs-a-lot or Chuckles McLoves-to-laugh.

21. I have a hard time understanding: closed-mindedness.

22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: get my Masters of Information Studies.

23. You know I like you if I: can be myself.

24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: my husband.

25. Take my advice, never: mess with Moms, especially where their children are concerned. They will take you down.



Also, ages ago I was tagged by Barb at Spotlis on the eight facts meme... Thanks, Barb! Sorry it took me so long to get to it...

Here are the rules:

1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


Okay then.

8 Random facts about me...

1. I was an art geek in high school. At lunch time, I hung out in the art room with the other art geeks.

2. Now I'm an internet geek. But then, you'd probably already figured that out.


3. I tend to assume everyone else is smarter, more accomplished and more talented than me.


4. I don't like rodents, including bunnies and squirrels.


5. I don't mind reptiles, I think they're kind of cool.


6. There isn't a particular genre of music that I'm into. I tend to like a little bit of just about any type of music - Usually, I like the catchy songs.


7. I own nine pairs of jeans.


8. I'm a rule breaker and to demonstrate my rule breakiness, I'm not going to tag anybody on this meme. See? I'm such a maverick.

.....

5 comments :

Sass E-mum said...

These memes can be quite enlightening. I can imagine I know you a bit better now.

Working mum said...

What do you mean "if you ever won an award" I gave you the "Blog of Distinction"!!

Yes, I agree with Sass e-mum - enlightening. I've just read your list of things you have/would/wouldn't eat!

Poetikat said...

Thanks for the shout out! Here's another one I made up a while back that many people really got a kick out of:

http://hyggedigter.blogspot.com/2008/08/ill-never-say-that.html

Kat

P.S. Are you in Ontario?

frogpondsrock said...

I love sushi..

I did a post on how to make your own sushi at home with lots of photos..

cheers kim

Kristi Smith said...

I was an 80's girl. I do not remember gel bracelets. You don't look old enough to have been very old in the 80's, were they gel bracelets for tots??? ;)