October 30, 2008

The Great Pumpkin Carving Adventure

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

My photos and their photostory shall by combined this week by way of captions. Yay!


I know you're probably tired of pictures of Jack O' Lanterns. But today is Halloween and this year, at our house, the Jack O' Lanterns are special... This year my boys designed the faces for their Halloween Jack O' Lanterns all themselves. They drew them on paper first, then they transferred the pictures onto their pumpkins. The level of excitement here while we were carving our pumpkins was not to be believed... It was great.


But first, we had to de-goop the pumpkins.

Monkey gave it a try...



And dove in with both hands.



Buddy had a slightly different experience.



He gave it a try...



And got totally grossed out.



Mommy to the rescue.*



Ew! Super-goopy!



Monkey drew on his pumpkin.



Monkey's Jack O' Lantern design.



Buddy drew on his pumpkin.



The artist at work.



Buddy's Jack O' Lantern design.



"Cut them, Mommy! Cut them!"



Watching the carving process.



Monkey's Jack O' Lantern. It's a dinosaur.


Buddy's Jack O' Lantern. He has ghosts on his cheeks.



Boo!



Lit up.



Ooooh! Spooky!


The boys checking out their work.



A silly picture.


Two boys with the Jack O' Lanterns they designed themselves.


Didn't they do a great job?


* The photos below the asterisk were actually taken by Hubby, but since he helped me write this post I think they still count :).


For more photostories click over to What Works For Us or My Chaos My Bliss.

Want to play along? Get the rules by clicking the Photostory Friday logo at the top of this post.

.....

20 comments :

Chris said...

Ah, this is the Halloween they became men!

Lorina said...

I love the finished projects.. they look really good.

I haven't even posted my pumpkin carving pics yet.. sigh.. how lame am I? :)

Happy Halloween.

scrappysue said...

you tell those boys they are SO CLEVER! that is just super, super cute mel!

Katie said...

Those pumpkins are GREAT! Makes me wish we'd carved our pumpkin last week instead of everyone getting the stomach flu.

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

love the pumpkins - my son thought it was gross too!!

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

They did AWESOME!!!!

Cecily R said...

The gross out shot is hilarious!!!

The pumpkins are awesome. Halloween at its finest!

Working mum said...

Great post! I loved seeing how the super scary Jack O'Lanterns came into being.

Happy Hallowe'en!

Melissa said...

Happy Halloween...great pictures... and WOW, what a stem on that one pumpkin (i'm such a freak about stems-- I will not buy a pumpkin unless it has a big, full stem)

CrackerJacks said...

Fantastic PSF! Love the pumpkins!

You Have Been Booed!.

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

I am sure this is what ours will look like tonight!!!! So reflective of their little personalities. Can't wait!

Thanks for sharing and Happy Halloween!

Kelli @ Gohn Crazy said...

Love their jack-o-lanterns! And it is Halloween. Bring on all of the jack-o-lantern posts. :)

Honey Mommy said...

What cute pumpkins! We didn't even get one this year. Do you think it would be too lame to carve one tomorrow?

Ah well, Happy Halloween!

Shellie said...

I didn't find time to squeeze in the pumpkins, so I'm really enjoying all the pumpkin posts. It was fun to see the different reactions from your boys. I have twins and the first time they finger painted, it was the same way. One was totally into it, the other was repulsed. The jack o lanterns were great, I loved that they were their own designs.

Golightly said...

How cool! They did a great job. We never did get our carved.

Amanda said...

Those pumpkins are way cute. Looks like an easy way to carve pumpkins. I'll have to remember the trash bag on the floor idea next year.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Awesome action shots!!!

Jeannie

Elaine A. said...

WOW! They did so well on their pumpkins! I am so impressed.

I started to carve ours and B ran away because he couldn't stand the smell. Geez! Happy (late) Halloween!

imbeingheldhostage said...

They DID do a great job! How sweet!

Ami said...

Those are some great Jack 'O Lanterns! Your boys are very creative (and you're a great carver).