October 19, 2008

Back Home from Madonna

Hi!

Well I'm back from my Madonna weekend. A great time was had by all. Want to see some pictures of extraordinarily poor quality? I know you do!


Previously on Adventures of the Reluctant Housewife: My friend CG (College Girlfriend) invited me to her place for the weekend and to see Madonna with her in the big city.

Naturally, I jumped at the chance.

Me and CG, Saturday morning about to go shopping.
(BEFORE)



Me and CG all dolled up and ready to go Saturday evening.
(AFTER)


We went to the concert with two of CG's friends - a couple of great girls who have been friends with each other for twenty-five years and who've been friends with CG for almost a decade.
CG and me in the car on the way to the big city.



At dinner, we asked our waiter to snap a picture of us.
A lot of people were asking their waiters to take pictures of them.
I guess it was that kind of place.


We were a little late leaving the restaurant, so we arrived at the concert venue only just in time to find our seats.
CG on the escalator, heading up to our nosebleed
(although really great/birds eye view) seats.



CG in the massive crowd at the concert venue.



We found our seats.
CG and me. You can see we're thrilled to be at Madonna.



CG's friends, also thrilled to be at Madonna...
Although perhaps not showing it as much.
I suspect they were not as thrilled to have their picture taken.
They're probably thinking, "Who is this strange girl and why does she keep taking pictures of everything?"
I'm okay with that.
I did it for you, after all.
And for posterity.
Posterity and me? We're like this (now you have to picture me holding up my hand with my fingers crossed to indicate that posterity and I are as close as my crossed fingers... Are you picturing it?
No?
Oh... Well, never mind then.)



Here's some shots of what the stage looked like from where we were sitting:
See? That's Madonna on the yellow screen, on the right.
And the little black dot on stage is also Madonna.



The stage again. No Madonna this time.


The concert was great. It centered around a central theme, which I can basically sum up as: GUY RITCHIE CAN GO BEEEEEEEP HIMSELF. Madonna seemed a bit (polite understatement) angry about her divorce. But she used her anger well. The audience was left with a "Strong Women Unite/Don't Mess with Madonna" vibe. It was cool. There was more rock n' roll than I usually associate with Pop-Goddesses, which was great. Madonna looked particularly hot when she was rocking out on the guitar. Combine all the energy, dancing, woman-scorned attitude and rockin'ness and it all adds up to one hell of a show.




And then, this morning, it was time to head home...
At the airport.



And what did I find when I finally arrived?
These guys...


And a very messy house.


That was my weekend.

How was yours?

.....

3 comments :

Elaine A. said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great time. I mean how much fun to go to a Madonna concert with the girls!!

Sorry 'bout the messy house though... ; )

scrappysue said...

hey! we had EXACTLY the OPPOSITE view to you! we were on the other side - NINE floors up in the back row of the nose bleed section! yes, her show was an engineering fete in itself. love her or hate her - she knows how to put on a good show. i totally agree about the guitar tunes. made up for the whole lip synching over her own recording in the other pieces. i know it's necessary - like she could actually sing while leaping around the way she did!

Alexis Jacobs said...

Looks like a great time! I have heard that she gives a killer concert.