September 11, 2008

The Tao of Me

I am distracted by the annoyingly chipper teenagers who are signing to monkey on the TV.

"Boom boom boom boom boom boom boom," they sing with giant grins on their fresh-looking faces, "We're a family!"

No. No we're not. Grrrrrr.

I had very little sleep last night. Can you tell?

Must have more coffee.


This morning I had various errands to take care of over the phone. I've listened to a lot of "Your call is important to us. Please stay on the line. Your call will be answered by our next available agent..." and one, "This call is being recorded in order to ensure our ongoing excellence in customer service." These messages were followed in all cases by copious pan flute music. Which I guess is meant to soothe my annoyance, but only works to heighten it. Note to companies who put me on hold: If you're going to play music, at least give me something I can rock out to. Seriously.


Later on I'm going to pick up new rubber boots for both boys and a new rain jacket for Buddy, who just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Either that or his clothes keep getting smaller. Weird, eh?

Well... Yup. Bye!

.....

1 comment :

Amanda said...

I HATE most kids tv shows. I don't mind watching a good animated movie, but those shows make me a crazy person. Maybe it's all the repitition.

Which way to the house?
This way to the house?
Which way?
This way?

Oh, my gosh. I can't handle it.