September 25, 2008

I'm Feeling Whiny and Pathetic

Oh my gosh you guys!

I am so sick right now... I know, I know... I shouldn't complain. It's just a cold after all. But my nose is stuffed. I'm coughing and sneezing. My eyes are watering. I'm tired and lethargic. And every time I eat, I get diarrhea. (Sorry! I know that's too much information)

Everyday I've been dragging myself out of bed, making lunches, getting little boys dressed and off to school. Then going back and picking them up again - Monkey two hours later and Buddy four hours after that. I spend an average of 3 hours a day driving back and forth to the school and waiting outside it for the kids to go in or come out.

Not that I'd change that, because the chats I have while waiting with the other moms at the school make up the only social life I have right now. I don't know very many people here yet. Although, I've made in-roads with the mom of Buddy's best friend and we are going to a play (as in live theatre), just us grown-ups, next Friday (yay!).

I'm finding the isolation, combined with the head cold a bit hard to take right now.

Hubby, who is off at work everyday and at the gym most evenings, doesn't seem to understand my need for company. I want someone to hang out with me in my misery. I want someone to sit with me and watch TV. I want someone to make me some tea and feel sorry for me. Hubby wants to go to gym because he's been sitting at a desk all day. His position is a reasonable one. I understand where he's coming from. My position is an unreasonable 'oh-boo-hoo-woe-is-me-I-don't-feel-good-and-nobody-loves-me' one... But mine should win, if only for having more words... Right?

On the bright side, tomorrow's Friday, which means I only need to survive one more day because on Saturday, if I'm still sick, I can go to bed for the day and hopefully sleep it off.


I have to go now... I really need a kleenex.

Send me hugs and mugs of hot tea.

.....

7 comments :

The Nag said...

Whining is the best medicine. Get well soon.

Amanda said...

Poor thing. I hope you feel better. I feel ya on the carpool thing. I feel like I spend 6 hours dropping off and picking up.

The Smith Boys said...

Hey - I read your comment on pitter patter boutique - I like the name "Reluctant housewife". Anyhoo...we also just moved halfway across the country (from AL to MD) and I have a little secret...JAZZERCISE! I know it sounds corny, but the girls are all so friendly. I feel like I've made a whole bunch of friends in one short month - and sure I have to pay for them and sweat a bunch to keep them, but I get an hour away from my kids (a lot of places have childcare) and a kick ass body to boot! Also, whining DOES help ;-)

Ami said...

Hugs and tea on their way! (Hmmm...now how to get them to you?)

Ah, well, I hope it's the thought that counts. Get some rest this weekend and feel better soon.

scrappysue said...

hugs and mugs coming your way! feel better soon and YAY for the grown up PLAY-date!!! can't wait to hear about it

Working mum said...

Aww, I can sympathise with the cold thing. I've just started with one, but have had to spend the day entertaining daughter as husband was away.

Hope you meet more people in your new neighbourhood soon but until then, hey, you've got a bloggy social life!

Elaine A. said...

Hope you are feeling better now. I would SO have tea with you if you didn't live in another country. (it's just a geographical thing...)