August 10, 2008

A Little Bit Country A Little Bit Rock n' Roll

It seems I'm developing a taste for songs that have been countrified. I want to share some examples with you. Take a listen and let me know what you think.

Here's three examples:

1. Phish's cover of Gin and Juice by Snoop Dogg. And, just incase you didn't catch the offensive lyrics, this video provides you with the words! Whee. (Sorry) The music's great, though.




2. Hayseed Dixie is a group that originally covered all AC/DC songs. They've branched out a bit with this cover of Holiday by Green Day. This rocks.




3. And, finally, I'd like to share Dolly Parton's cover of Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin. I know it's not cool to like Dolly (unless you do - then it's totally cool (I like Dolly BTW despite considerable teasing from a rock-chick I'm friends with)). Give this a listen. It's really good.

.....

3 comments :

scrappysue said...

that's some dungarees they're sporting rart thare!!! great cover.

Jules said...

The Snoop Dog cover was fantastic. Loved it!

SuburbanCorrespondent said...

I love Dolly! And not just because she is one chick with a bigger chest than mine...