July 4, 2008

An Update

Hi y'all!

I've had some emails requesting an update & asking if I'm okay & where I went. Thank you for remembering that I exist. I'm still kicking around & I'm just fine... as are all the members of my family.

So, because you care, here's an update.

Aside: Monkey just crawled in my lap and said, "I wuv you, Mommy," and kissed my arm. I mean... Aw! How cute is that? I wonder what brought it on? Maybe he didn't recognize me without my blog and, now that I'm updating, he's all like, "Oh there's my Mommy! I wonder where she's been?" Anyway, I'll take it, whatever brought it on.

So, what have we (of the housewife household) been up to?

We received our package from England... It contained the coffee and chocolates that I won over at One Strangely Lush Mother, for guessing that she had to leave two restaurants with little Peaches, before eating, on her trip to Belgium.


The boys loved the duck she threw in. (Thanks Sass!)


We've been visiting parks.


We went to the end-of-school concert at Buddy's school. He's done kindergarten and will be starting grade one in the fall. I can't believe it.


Buddy's right in the middle, in the green plaid. They sang a rock 'n' roll version of Frere Jacques. You should have seen him rockin' out. It was awesome.


And enjoying visits from family. My brother's family was here for Canada Day (July 1) weekend (here's Buddy and Monkey with their cousins on Canada Day - notice the matching red shirts). My parents are on their way tomorrow, and I have plans to do some sightseeing & to escape for an evening for a hot date with hubby.

We've also been checking out our new town: Hitting the library, visiting museums, going to play parks, taking long walks, checking out the beaches, we were even invited to a bbq at Buddy's school-friend's house... But that's another story for another day.

So, here's my plan...

More updates.
Fewer unexplained absences.

Cool?

xoxo and thanks again for the emails.

.....

6 comments :

gigi said...

I'm your lurker and I've missed you and are glad you are back. When school is out and kids are home I think everyone is to busy to blog! Have fun!

Ami said...

Glad to hear you're still doing well. Getting to know a new town is always fun. Enjoy this time with your family. That's what summer is for!

Elaine A. said...

Glad to have you back! Sounds like you've been busy. Hope you had a great Canada Day!

scrappysue said...

hey! welcome back to blogland lol. i have been having days where i don't turn my computer on at all, and guess what - it's ok! lol happy canada day. we still freezing over there, but it's the school holidays now - 2 weeks - yay!

Working mum said...

Glad to have you back! Thanks for the update.

Quirky said...

There you are! Glad you're back!