July 5, 2008

My Choice is Allergies or Freakiness

I'm not sure what I hate more... My allergies, or the side-effects from the allergy medication.

I have hay fever. I'm very sneezy. Itchy eyes. Runny nose. Tired.



The stuff I can take for my allergies (you know... antihistamines: Reactine, Allegra... stuff like that) makes me feel odd. Reactine gives me anxiety attacks. Allegra makes me feel like I have no emotions. That other stuff puts me into a deep sleep from which I can only be awakened by my true love's kiss.



Freaky, eh?

So, I don't take the antihistamines. I guess I do hate them more than the tired, runny nose, sneezy, itchy eyes thing.

Besides, it seems to be getting better... I hope.

.....

4 comments :

Working mum said...

I know how you feel. Sometimes I have to resort to Piriton, but living my life in a haze seems a good idea at times!

gigi said...

My drugs of choice are Nasonex and Zyrtec. I can't live with out them. Sorry you feel badly.

Beck said...

Oh, you and my daughter! My oldest has allergies too and just REFUSES to take allergy medicine because "I'd rather have a runny nose than be spaced out, MOM." Er, yes.

Crochet Diva said...

sorry to hear about the allergies. I've had allergies my whole life, so I can relate. Have you ever considered allergy shots? I had them, and some of my allergies no longer bother me, even when everyone else is miserable. It may be worth it. Hope you feel better soon!