July 12, 2008

Don't Know My Own Strength

Something really weird is going on.

The other day, when I was innocently eating supper with my family, I tried to cut my potato into bite-sized pieces using my fork; and it shattered. Mind you, it was a plastic fork... but still.

My first victim



And then, last night, when I was brushing my teeth, my toothbrush snapped in two.

My second victim.
There was much wailing
and gnashing of teeth
(this little tooth guy was
off gnashing with
the best of them).




So, my question is this: What gives?

Have I been chomped by a radioactive spider?

*


Or, was I exposed to gamma rays?

**


I mean, what's up with the sudden super-strength?

And what will I accidentally destroy next? (Besides a bowl of ice cream because, trust me, that carnage will be entirely intentional.)



Stay tuned...

If this keeps up, you just might see me in some tights and a cape.

(although, on second thought, you probably won't)

*Spiderman is a Marvel character.
**Hulk is likewise a Marvel character.

.....

2 comments :

tyketto said...

I always tell my kids I'm a MOM-ster (instead of a monster) when things go awry - or if I haven't had my morning cup of coffee.

Maybe just a cape would work, although, if you have watched The Incredibles you know they don't really like super heros wearing capes.

scrappysue said...

that poor potato :(
definitely go for a cape - eitherway, capes are cool. esp. a flowy silk one...