June 17, 2008

Pot Suckers and Candy Cigarettes

Have you heard of these?

From Maclean's Magazine: "'Pot Suckers' and 'Kronic Candy' are marijuana-flavoured lollipops... The hemp-flavoured suckers contain no THC, the key ingredient in marijuana, but legislators in other states may be following Georgia's ban, branding the sweet as a precursor to using harder drugs."

What the hell? Why?

Does pot even taste good? Please tell me because I, being a wide-eyed innocent, have never tried it.

And what do you think? Are these likely to lead kids to hard drugs?


Or are they more like these?

I loved Popeye cigarettes as a child, but they had so little influence on my desire to actually smoke that I have never even clutched a real cigarette between my virgin fingers, much less between my virgin lips. (That's cigarette virgin, people... I do have two kids, you know. Not that fingers or lips HAVE to be involved in the making of kids... But, I digress)

And, on a side note, Popeye cigarettes are now called:

So I guess someone must have complained.

.....

5 comments :

Sass E-mum said...

I would have said the legislators were over reacting.

But for the first time, Peaches saw Recaro having a sneaky smoke this weekend. Within seconds she was copying his puffing (not the wheezing yet).

Clearly she's not about to reach for the dreaded weed just yet - but I was surprised at how quickly she reacted.

Like you, I wasn't so fussed by the sweet cigarettes either. But then I was a spectacularly naive child. I was in my 20's before I understood the Rizzo storyline in Grease...

Elaine A. said...

All I know is that my roomate from college would LOVE these.

scrappysue said...

that's some BAAAAAAAAd sugar on a stick. all i'm saying'.....

Crochet Diva said...

It is stupid, really... BUT, even with candy cigarettes, they no longer say "candy cigarettes" on the package. They are now called candy sticks or something. I don't think candy cigarettes can cause a child to grow up and smoke anymore than pot suckers will creat pot heads... I think it is actually very novel, and a great marketing idea. Tons of people would buy em...

Autumn LeBeau said...

I wouldn't think there would be a good flavor to those at all.... wouldn't it taste like a plant?

And i used to adore candy cigarettes, but i don't think they lead to smoking.