June 6, 2008

Oh Help!

Ew! Ew! Ew!

We have baby spiders in our downstairs bathroom. They're everywhere. We first noticed them yesterday and we've been squishing them ever since. Have you ever heard that if you kill a spider it's going to rain? Well, people, prepare yourselves for a very rainy season. The spiders and I have a deal, you see: As long as they stay out of my house... they get to live.

Just now, I opened the door to the bathroom, stuck my head in and peered around to see if I could see any new spiders. So far they've mostly been on the floor or climbing up the side of the vanity. I didn't see any on the floor, but I did notice one on the doorframe. I looked up and OH MY GOD! THE ENTIRE CEILING WAS COVERED IN CREEPY CRAWLY SPIDERS. Ah! Ah! Ah!

I might never be the same again. I need to go take a shower now. I feel like I must have spiders in my hair. I'm freaking out.

I hate bugs.

How long till they're gone?
How can I get rid of them?

Help.

.....

11 comments :

JaimeM said...

Yikes! Giving me the creeps just thinking about it! Do you have an idea of what kind they are? ( I know, I wouldn't want to get close enough to tell either). Not sure if this will help, but I have read that essential Oils of peppermint or eucalyptus leaves help you get rid of them. Apparently spiders don't like those things. Hope you get rid of those icky things!!!!

That Chick Over There said...

Oh God, I don't know but I HATE spiders. Blech!

Katie said...

Oh great, now I'm going to have nightmares!

Reluctant Housewife said...

You're going to have nightmares?!?! What about me... I live with the little nasties.

Update: We went out for hours & just got home. There's only two in the bathroom... hopefully we're running out. Cross your fingers for me - I hope they're gone!

Elaine A. said...

We always get a lot of little spiders too, but they mostly stay outside.

You could also have those annoying little ants that like to eat your boys leftover crumbs, like I do! UGH!

Gerbil said...

I hate hate hate hate HATE spiders. I wouldn't do anything about them, because I would have run screaming with my kid under one arm, and never returned.

HRH said...

That is seriously creepy. Ugh. I have advice besides maybe moving??

JaimeM said...

Just had to let you know I had my own spider encounter last night when we got home in the garage. It was one of those kinds that carries it's young (or whatever you call them) on it's back, but you can't see them.....yeah, lets just say screams were heard throughout the neighborhood cause when you go to eliminate those kinds the little ones scatter all over the place like little ants! Ick! I had nightmares....

scrappysue said...

i have a friend who's not very good with spiders! lots like that in your bathroom tho - that would do my head in!

Crochet Diva said...

I feel for you! I hate spiders... Maybe you could use those bomb things in the bathroom. I know so many do not condone pesticides, but in this case, I think I would definitely want the spiders dead. My daughter got a spider bite recently, and it is not something to mess around with... I say NUKE EM!

Quirky said...

Oh shudder! And now my head itches. I say bomb the little suckers to kingdom come. I know they have roach bombs...do they make spider bombs? I know, I know. Spiders eat good insects. Spiders are living things too. Chemicals are bad for the environment. Blah blah blah. THERE ARE SPIDERS IN YOUR HOUSE! I say go chemical warfare on their hairy spider butts.