June 11, 2008

Google Me Fun

Here are the top 10 Google Searches which have directed people to my blog, according to my google stats:

1. Homemade by Jill. Ever since I mentioned Homemade by Jill in a post, she's been the numero uno google search that brings people to my site. Thanks Jill! Incidentally, have you read Jill's other blog which she writes with her best friend, Megan: Bee-Boppin' the Boroughs? You should, it's so much fun.

2. Housewife adventures. Yes. That what we do here at Adventures of the Reluctant Housewife, Inc. Although, I think I should point out, we do it somewhat reluctantly.

3. Giveaways. Unhun. We've had a few.

4. Housewife. Why are people looking for a housewife on the internet?

5. Housewife Blog. Score!

6. Housewife Bra. They have special bras for housewives now? Do they do dishes?

7. Housewife in Bra. This one makes more sense to me. I'm wearing one right now, in fact.

8. Amature Housewife. AMATURE? snicker.

9. Chubby Urban Dictionary. My favourite. I think people who have to look up the meaning of the word "Chubby" in the urban dictionary are lame. And, people, just for your information: I am not that kind of chubby.

10. Housewife Booty. You know you want it. And because I'm the right kind of chubby... I've got more of it to give. But this housewife booty is taken. Sorry to disappoint!


And the last 5 google searches that brought people to my site, according to sitemeter and statcounter, were:

"Homemade by Jill" (my numero uno)
"Outdoor Nature Hunt" (We did one once with the kids)
"Midlifemamma" (Excuse me?! Who you callin' "midlife"?)
"Sanitizing" (What? How? Why?)
and "Housewife Bra" (unhun)

Okay, then.

What was the weirdest google search that brought someone to your blog?

.....

13 comments :

THE MOM BOMB said...

The weirdest and the most disturbing was: "how to make a bomb out of poop".

My first visitor from Iran googled "Big Thighs". Somehow, he just knew.

scrappysue said...

i had no idea jill had two blogs! she sent me another email re things to do in ny today - i'm getting so excited!!! i changed my blogroll so i can see when everyone's updated. superceded that ridiculous google alerts which never worked anyway.

i wanna know who's googling ME!!!
tell me how please!

Reluctant Housewife said...

Sue, I found the statistics on my google account. Go to the google home page, click on "My Account" in the upper right hand corner. Then click on "webmaster tools". You'll have to add your website in... Click in the "Add a Website Here" box and put in your URL. Click add. It will want you to put a code on your blog to verify it, or something. Just follow the instructions... Then, "bob's your uncle, fanny's your aunt" (as my MIL would say), you're all set up to view google's stats for your site. Click on "statistics", then on "top search queries" and voila! The info you seek. Hope this was followable. Let me know if you have any questions.

smtwngrl said...

The last time I checked, mine were mostly about writing since my blog is called "Writing: My Life." Now you've got me curious and I'll have to look at them more closely.

I'm also considering slipping in a few racy words, just to see what I can get. Is that wrong of me?

Crochets Diva said...

I honestly do not have any crazy or disturbing search words. Mine were all things you might expect... (crochet, crochet cell phone cozy, etc...) You definitely have some interesting search words, though... Housewife Bra??? Where can I get one?? :-P

Crochet Diva said...

smttwngrl, it might be an interesting experiment we could all do. Lets slip in some strange words (Like "poop bomb"??? :-P), and see what kind of searches will lead people to our blogs...

Reluctant Housewife said...

Which strange words to use, though? It would be most fun to come with something that would attract people who wouldn't normally be interested in your subject matter. I'd be wary of attracting the truly strange.

Working mum said...

I've just posted this! My searches are all to do with CBeebies (the BBC channel for preschool kids) so I feel pretty safe at the moment!

Katie said...

Some of my favorites:
1. what should be there punishment for the people who are going to hell?
2. i feeling so crazy im feeling so crazy
3. old poop birthday cakes
4. how to scare a peacock
5. dream grasshopper for finger

Gerbil said...

the number one is 'bailiff whack his peepee'. the oddest? a japanese searcher looking for 'penguin knife'. I get multiple UK hits on variations of 'braless' and 'boobies'. And one disturbing google search on 'how to divorce my husband when he's the one with all the money', which I still can't determine how it got to my blog.

Quirky said...

I get a lot about Zorro, since I wore my Zorro costume for Halloween last year. One from today says "Cat Invades the Shelves"...no idea what that means. I've also gotten a couple for "raccoon won't go in trap". The weirdest one was "How to make a French prostitute". You know, Cause I have so many French prositutes running around my site.

Reluctant Housewife said...

How to MAKE a French prostitute? I didn't realize they were a manufactured product...

tyketto said...

That is totally cool. I just added my sites and can't wait to see what pops up. Thanks for the mini-tutorial too! Beth