April 16, 2008

Taking Care of Business - awards and tags

This post is way overdue.

SaraLynn at Happy Baker tagged me on the 6 word memoir meme.

Learn, laugh, amuse, nurture, snack. Repeat.

That's pretty much my M.O. I have another 6 word autobiography and a haiku autobiography here. I challenge you to do the haiku.

And, even more overdue, Sass E-mum at One Strangely Lush Mother has awarded me two awards.
The first is the Blog of Distinction Award which she awarded to: "the blogger who helps me out most with one or more of my current parenting issues." Wow. I'm gratified and surprised to be able to help someone out with parenting issues. I feel like I'm just muddling along here, doing my best. Thank you Sass!

I've passed this award on to five deserving bloggers already. I'd like to add David at Life In a Cone of Silence, who is dealing with some very serious medical issues with grace and humour. He's brave and funny and he has the soul of a poet. And I'd also like to award one to his amazing son, Dan, who sometimes shares his philosophy on life at David's blog. He's an amazing kid and I can see why David is so proud of him.

The other award is the "You Cheer Me Up" award. Thanks again, Sass!
I'd like to award this to the following blogs because they make me feel like we're having a delicious ongoing conversation. I relish every new post.
Sass E-mum at One Strangely Lush Mother
Sara at Happy Baker
Amanda at Amanda's Life
Working Mum at Working Mum on the Verge
ScrappySue at My Home WellingtonTown
Gerbil at There's a Penguin on the Telly

And now for some random whining: I'm sick - I have a cold or something, I'm moving in a week and a half and I have to pack, I have an exam to write... I'm busy and naturally forgetful (I'm a total flake). If you've awarded me an award or tagged me on a meme and I haven't taken the time to acknowledge it yet, let me know... Okay? Thanks!

.....

7 comments :

Amanda said...

Thank you, for thinking of me. I enjoy your blog so much. You are so creative and fabulous. I know you are busy and have a lot going on, but keep on truckin'. We'll be patiently awaiting every new post.

David is great, isn't he? There's a lot to be learned from that man.

David said...

We are honored. If I may speak on Dan's behalf as well. He will be thrilled.

SaraLynn said...

Thanks!!!
You cheer me up too :)

hope you get better! Sorry you are so busy when you aren't feeling your best

Sass E-mum said...

Aww. Thank you! It is like a fabulous, big, far-reaching conversation.

Get well soon - you need to be feeling strong for that 100th post.

Working mum said...

Thank you for the award! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Gerbil said...

Wheee! Thanks! How ironic since this week I am pretty much just whining.

I will pass this on when I can get the stoooopid computer to work better.

scrappysue said...

oh and thanks for the award - yay! that's the exact style of writing i'm going for, so it's nice to know i'm having a conversation with y'all. i feel the same way about you!!! (in a totally non-creepy blog-stalker way) hehe