April 27, 2008

No Secrets

"All my Mommy's secrets... Let me show u it"

We packed up and, after the movers had taken all of our furniture and boxes, cleaned and drove to my mother-in-law's house for the night. When we arrived, she had a meal ready for us and she told Monkey that as soon as he washed his hands he could eat. Monkey and I went into the bathroom and I helped him wash and dry his hands. While I was still drying my own hands, he skipped back out to his grandmother, gazed up at her with a big grin and told her, "My Mommy and Daddy take showers together!"

My mother-in-law and I looked at each other and then we laughed ourselves silly.

The thing is, it's not even true! I don't like sharing my shower because someone is always shivering on the sidelines waiting for their turn in the water. And the way he announced it, I'm sure he's told other people and got a big reaction. Oh well, I guess it's better than, "My Mommy and Daddy sleep in seperate bedrooms!" or "My Mommy and Daddy take showers with other Mommies and Daddies!" Right?

.....

7 comments :

Sass E-mum said...

That's so funny. He's quite the joker.

Have to say though - I think you've missed the point of joint showering. He he.

Working mum said...

I am so impressed. How are you managing to keep posting in the middle of moving house? It took us six months to get broadband!

Becoming Me said...

Oh, that is too funny

Elaine A. said...

I love it that the two of you laughed like crazy - that is the best!

I am with you on the no sharing of warm water thing. Although for some reason my hus still jumps in with me every now and again. Wonder why... ; )

Katie said...

How do they come up with this stuff?!?

scrappysue said...

man, there's no secrets with kids - even IF they're making it up! glad 2cu back online! gutted about the draw - i loved that pink eyeball toy! it was freaky cute!

David said...

oh my god too funny. What a cute little monkey.