April 1, 2008

My World Today

Is a wet, slushy, snowy, foggy, misty, miz'rable, freezy mess. Many of the snowbanks are as tall as I am. Five foot, four inches, while not considered towering for humans, is quite tall when one is discussing the size of one's local snowbanks.





This morning, on CBC's Information Morning radio show, I heard a meteorologist talking about a large hunk of ice that has broken off Antarctica's Wilkins ice shelf and how its travels will affect our local weather (you can listen to it here, just look for the April 1st entry).

According to him the ice will cool the air and act as an anchor to the jet stream, keeping it south of the maritimes. Because of this, we can expect to have cold and snow for another two months. That's until the end of May/beginning of June. Are you kidding me? Argh!

My only hope is that they actually ARE kidding me and that this was an April fools day joke. Cross your fingers for me!

.....

8 comments :

SaraLynn said...

Oh too cold!!! It is chilly here, but no snow!

BTW- I am 5 foot 4 inches too!

Don Mills Diva said...

It's insane isn't it? I thought today was supposed to be springlike and it's been cold and windy - urgg!

HoneyB said...

Oh MY! And I thought we still had a lot of snow here! We warmed up enough here today to melt a lot of it. You must be really north!!

I found your blog thru SaraLynn :)

Amanda said...

Too bad about your weather. I guess there are only so many snow angels you can make.

Becoming Me said...

Bless your frozen heart. I don't think I could live up north ever again.

Sass E-mum said...

Snow till June? Bad luck. Bad climate change.

You are also piling up blog awards. I couldn't leave you off my list, even though SaraLynn only just sent you one.

Mad said...

F*CK. It's the dirtiness of it all that's bringing me down. That and pushing the stroller up the godforsaken hill.

Alexis Jacobs said...

That is just crazy. What an April Fools!