March 18, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

I was visiting some new (to me) blogs and came across a 10 on Tuesday post at Quirky is a Compliment. I am now - right before your eyes (nothing up my sleeve) - PRESTO, totally stealing her idea. The hand is always faster than the eye my friends.


1. Random complaining: I am tired. I am so tired that my eyes are having trouble focusing. I was awake for many long, dark hours last night. It's all Monkey's fault. He crawled in bed with us and woke me up at 1:30am. Monkey is not the most restful of sleeping companions. He kicks and squirms and nunus (and by "nunus" I mean he sucks on his soother like Maggie Simpson - making little noises like Maggie Simpson - nuk, nuk, nuk.... nuk, nuk, nuk...).

I know I should put him back in his own bed. I know I'm encouraging him to come back by letting him stay. But there are problems involved. You see, if he's not asleep when I put him back in his bed, he'll simply get up and come back. And by the time he's asleep enough to move I've usually either fallen asleep myself or have sunk into a stupor so deep that there's no reviving me. I am also a pushover for tiny sleeping children - so cute.

Also, note to self: time to take the nunu away? Probably, yes. Oh dear. I am not looking forward to that little struggle.

2. Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day. Happy Irish Day everybody! Did you wear green? No? Me neither. I forgot. Also, I'm not Irish. The cutest St. Patrick's-related thing I saw was a video at Mrs. Fussypants Guide to Life featuring her Nashville blogging friends. You should check it out, it's very funny.

3. An important question for any woman to ask when wearing an empire waste:

Opini



4. My favourite song, right now, is Littlest Birds by the Be Good Tanyas.



Do you recognize it? I first heard it in a commercial for Target. The odd thing is that the band is Canadian, from Vancouver. And Target is not available in Canada. Is it shameful to discover Canadian talent for the first time on U.S. television commercials? I think it is a bit, yes.

That's not the only time Target has turned to the Canadian music scene for their ad music. Target used Nowhere With You, a song by the Halifax based Joel Plaskett Emergency. Check it out. Do you recognize it?



5. Do you remember that video I posted from French and Saunders? One of the reasons I like it is that I can recreate it for my own personal amusement... It goes something like this:

Jen... Jen... I think I was penetrated by the lead singer of the Buggles on my holiday:



Because look at my baby:


Funny, no? Well, maybe it's just be.

6. My mother-in-law emailed me some pictures of her yard today. No snow on the ground, and she spotted some little green shoots (daffodils, tulips?) coming up in the flower garden. I'm so jealous. We only live about an hour away, but look at this picture of my place right now:


No spring in sight. Just filthy snowbanks as far as the eye can see.

7. My brother's favourite joke once won me a coffee mug from a radio station. It is: Two sausages were frying together in a pan. One sausage turned to the other and said, "Hot enough for ya?" The other sausage replied, "Oh my god! It's a talking sausage!" The radio station asked people to call in and only tell them the punchline to a joke. Mine was the funniest.

8. This morning I was hurrying to get Monkey ready to go. I rushed into my bedroom to get dressed. I picked up a bra and put it on. I had a really hard time doing up the clasps, I thought it was because I'm so tired, but when I went into the bathroom to help Monkey brush his teeth I saw in the mirror that it was on inside-out. I didn't bother fixing it because we were in a hurry and ug - I am so tired. And I'm still wearing it - inside out - I think it'll be the next big thing.

9. I have to start packing soon to move. Oh, did I tell you our application on the townhouse was accepted? It was, we have a place to move into to. Yay! Anyway, I can feel the need to pack sneaking up behind me and I'm terrified.


10. I'm working on two crochet toys for Katie from Mostly Mommy, winner of the Reluctant Housewife blog party giveaway. I'm making a pink alien and a blue bunny. Here's what I have so far:


Whew! So there's my 10 things. Hope you enjoyed it. I'm off to doze in front of some reality T.V.

.....

10 comments :

Quirky said...

Awesome 10 on Tuesday! I love the picture with the giant sunglasses! Too cute! And don't worry about stealing it from me because I totally stole it from someone else. That's just the Interweb cycle of life.

Amanda said...

Wow. That was a lot. I need a nap. Congrats on the town house. Shirt was cute. (through clenched teeth) Congrats to Katie on the cute toys she won. Sorry about the tired Monkey in your bed. My Jackson and Madi take turns sneaking into our bed.

SaraLynn said...

Fun! I loved it!

Sass E-mum said...

I love your blog. Especially photos of you. I think I saw all your stuff move... it's getting closer...

Sorry I didn't like your blouse. I dare you to post a voting blog of you in - da da daaaa colours. We could vote on which colour suits you best.

SaraLynn said...

just wanted you to know jax and i like the Littlest Birds song...we have played it several times today!

scrappysue said...

we don't have target here (i know - shoot me now) but i loved that song, so easy to listen to. love the 10 on tuesday idea. me gonna stealie (when i get back from hk). also seriously thinking about wordless wednesday. in fact, i expect there's something clever we can all do on our blogs - EVERY DAY!!! lol

Shannon said...

I've tagged you for a fun meme.
See my blog post for details.

The Barber Bunch said...

I loved the poll on the shirt!

Beck said...

Hey, that sounds like a great move! I've never been anywhere near a Target.... my older kids take turns sneaking into our bed because apparently we own the comfortable sleeping quarters or SOMETHING.

Katie said...

The alien is looking awesome, thank you!