March 20, 2008

Me Me Me Memes

I was tagged on two memes yesterday.

The first tag came by email from SaraLynn, my first real bloggy buddy. She's the best amateur chef on the interwebs. Check her out and get some great recipes and ideas for family dinners. She also has blogs about marriage and raising two adorable kids.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
1998? I was graduating from University with my Art History degree and getting ready to move to Toronto to do my travel/tourism diploma. I was also planning my wedding. It was a pretty big year for me, actually.

Name 5 things from today's to do list:

  1. Finish the blue bunny toy for the blog party giveaway winner.
  2. Answer these memes.
  3. Write an article about Canadian Culture.
  4. Put the clean laundry away.
  5. Cook the chicken legs I promised to the kids for dinner.
Name 5 Snacks you enjoy:
  1. Kettle Bakes.
  2. Tangerines.
  3. Dark chocolate.
  4. Peanut butter toast.
  5. Frozen yogurt.
5 things you would do if you were a Billionaire:
  1. Get advice.
  2. Buy a home.
  3. Travel.
  4. Charity.
  5. Exactly the same thing I do now.
Name 3 bad habits:
  1. I bite my nails - always have. I know - Ew, right?
  2. Procrastination.
  3. Self doubt.
Name 5 places you have lived:
  1. Various, New Brunswick.
  2. Toronto, Ontario.
  3. We're moving to New Town at the end of next month.
  4. Futuretown, Wherever.
  5. Unknownville, Anywhere.
Name 5 Jobs you have had:
  1. Children's Program Coordinator - New Brunswick Museum.
  2. Reservation Agent - Tour company.
  3. Product Coordinator - Tour company.
  4. Bilingual Sales Productivity Centre Representative - IBM
  5. Bilingual telephone operator & directory assistance - NBTel

The other tag was from Shannon from God Gave Me You, one of the new bloggers I met through the 5 minutes for mom blog party. Shannon blogs about life with her own sweet little miracle baby.
The rules are:
1. Link to your tagger and post these
rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog,
some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names
as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment
on their blog.

I have asked Hubby to tell me 7 facts about ME for me to share with you. (How many times can she use the word "me" in a sentence? Watch in amazement as the drama unfolds!)

1) She likes to wear hats.
2) She is not particularly good at going to sleep. (He's right about that - if I'm not exhausted when I turn out the light, I lie awake staring into the darkness for hours, mind reeling with everything I have yet to get done.)
3) She puts more love into pancakes from a mix than anyone else I've ever met.


4) For someone who loves coffee, she's surprising willing to let it scorch and still drink it.
5) She's handy.
6) She has an excellent sense of direction. And she struggles against intollerance for people who don't share her directional superpowers.
7) She's not interested in any of the things I'm interested in. (It's true! And ditto. And yet, we manage to have fun together... Weird, eh?)

Now... tagging. I'm going to tag Sara with the second meme and Shannon with the first. As to the other 6 tags... You choose. If you want to do these memes then I tag YOU. Just let me know if you do so I can come and check it out - I love getting know the nitty gritty little details about people.

.....

5 comments :

Beck said...

Nothing says love like a heart shaped pancake, I always say.

Don Mills Diva said...

It's a lucky woman who would spend her days the same way after winning a billion dollars!

Elaine A. said...

I bite my nails on occasion too... although right now they're kind of long...hmmm...

Working mum said...

Being new to this blogging lark, I've also tagged you the seven weird things meme, but didn't let you know, but now you've done it. Heigh ho! I didn't dare ask my husband for mine - he'd have come up with way more than 7!

echoeve said...

I took the challenge and did the first tag.
thanks,