March 16, 2008

Another Sunday at the Park

Another sunny Sunday afternoon at the park with "the fam".


A nice idyllic walk in the woods. How lovely. Right?


Yeah. Except it wasn't.

Because of this little guy.

Monkey was determined.

What was he determined about?
Oh, you know, everything....

He was determined to walk.


As soon as he'd walked a few steps, he'd start to feel tired and change his mind.

He was determined to be carried.


As soon as Hubby picked him up, he'd change his mind.

He was determined to have a ride in the sled.

He was also determined to do any or all of the following:
  • Sit down and refuse to move.
  • Run off into the trees.
  • Walk in the opposite direction.
  • Eat snow.
  • Eat snow with a snarky grin on his face after I'd told him not to eat snow.

There was a lot of whining and frustration - and that was just me.

But, on the drive home, I turned around to where Monkey was snuggled sleepy eyed in his car seat. He looked so sweet that my mommy heart melted. I gave him a big smile and an "I love you" just as he drifted off to sleep.

.....

10 comments :

Gerbil said...

Kids are like cats. They're always on the wrong side of the door/ bed/ table/ sled/ you name it.

And nature makes them cute so we don't mail them somewhere COD.

Amanda said...

Thanks for finally acquiescing to my 'monkey playing in the snow' request. Those boys of yours are the cutest. I think I would let them get away with murder for some sugars.

SaraLynn said...

Looks like fun!
I completely understand. This past summer we went on a nature hike that lasted less than 20 minutes...sigh

The Barber Bunch said...

how could you stay mad at a face like that!

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Carolyn

Rachel said...

Absolutely adorable pictures.
My daughter pulls that same trick, too. Kids, *sigh* but then they look at you or say something sweet and it's all perfect again.

Don Mills Diva said...

Now this was a true post. I don't know how many times I've felt like screaming "I'm making a memory here for you kid - play along will ya!"

Beck said...

Ah, boys. They stay like that, just so you know.
At least he's cute - THOSE EYES!

Mad said...

How positively 3. I know of this age. I know of this stage. I just let her eat the snow but I MUST approve of its pristine nature first.

Mommy Brain said...

Those photos are great! I love the expression on Monkey's face.

Thanks for the comments on my Baby Names post. too funny about the car's name.

Alexis Jacobs said...

Wow look at all that snow. Looks like you guys had a blast.