March 23, 2008

Anatomy of a Pirate


It was wall to wall people at the grocery store yesterday. We had a long wait at the register.

I was playing interference between Monkey and a box of cheese bits and Buddy was sitting in the front of the cart, buried under various food items.

Out of seemingly nowhere, he asked, "Mommy, does booty mean bottom?"

Recently the kids have been singing, "Awwww! Shake, shake shake! Shake, shake, shake! Shake ya' bootay... Shake ya' bootay!"

Thinking this song was the reason he was asking I told him that, yes, booty means bottom.

I glanced down at him to find him holding a bag of Pirate's Booty with a confused, slightly grossed-out look on his face.


"Oh! Not in this case, Buddy," I explained. "The booty in Pirate's Booty means treasure."

"Oh, okay," he replied. "But Shake your booty? That means bottom."

I'm glad we cleared that up.

.....

11 comments :

SaraLynn said...

Hilarious!
I laughed so hard, hubby had to come see what was so funny ;)

SaraLynn said...

BTW - Love your Meez character!

Sass E-mum said...

Life is sooo complicated.

Alexis Jacobs said...

That is too funny!!!

CC said...

ha ha ha ha!! I heart Pirate Booty. Especially when they used to advertise it only had a few calories (although, they were WRONG).

Gerbil said...

I almost snorted wine out of my nose. That's hilarious.

Don Mills Diva said...

I'm glad you did too - I was a little confused...:-)

The Barber Bunch said...

Too Funny!

Kelley said...

That was too funny.

Elaine A. said...

That totally cracked me up!

P.S. You've been tagged!

Busymama Karen said...

What a cute story!