March 1, 2008

Adventure in a winter wonderland

Last weekend we went for an adventure at a local park.

We were delighted to find the lake set up for pond hockey.


They made huge snowbanks when they plowed the snow off the ice
to make the pond hockey rinks.
The kids had a good time climbing up and sliding down them.


A snow Buddy.


The park has lovely groomed trails in the woods.


So we grabbed our sled and went for a walk.











A good time was had by all.


What do you like to do in the winter? Do you have a favourite winter sport?

.....

5 comments :

Amanda said...

The only thing that could have made that a better post was a picture of a 'monkey' running around in the snow. I'm jealous of the snow. We don't get anything fun like that here in the south. I'm sure it does get old, though.

Congrats on your 500 visits, you're the coolest!

SaraLynn said...

Does sipping hot cocoa count?
hahaha....we get enough snow for the kids to toss a snow ball or two and build the occasional snowman. Eventually I would like to take the kids skiing. I went a long time ago and it was fun, so is intertubing down the slopes...I will be holding the Stuff and drinking cocoa with a book, mind you!

SuburbanCorrespondent said...

Our favorite winter sport is praying we get enough snow to cover the grass. Not that I am jealous or anything...

The Barber Bunch said...

Just happened by you while surfin' Blogger. I love your Blog. You are going on my favorite list!

Carolyn

SaraLynn said...

okay...you jinxed me!!!!!! It is snowing here!
Guess I will have to make a soup!
hahaha

have a great day!