March 31, 2008

5 Things Meme

I have been tagged by Quirky is a Compliment for the 5 things meme. I've already done this meme once, but I figured I'd do it again, but switch it up a little & give new answers. Okay?

The Rules
1. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
2. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment letting them know they've been tagged and to ask them to play along and to read your blog.

What I was doing 10 years ago - 1998

1. Dieting. I now believe that it's better to eat right and exercise and aim for "healthy" rather than "thin". I'm still chubby, though, so I guess you could argue my new philosophy ain't working.
2. Painting. I graduated in 1998. I came very close to not graduating because I didn't have a minor. I needed one more upper year course in one of the subjects I had studied that were not my major. The problem was that I didn't have the prerequisites to any of the upper year courses that were offered in my final term. Yeah, I don't know how that happened either. I had psychology, anthropology, philosophy, and fine arts as possibilities. I visited profs from all the academic disciplines, but they would not bend and allow me to take their classes without the prerequisite. So I tried painting. I had 1st year painting under my belt already. I needed to take 3rd year in order to meet the requirements for a minor in fine arts/painting (I also had classes in photography, drawing, print making and multi-media towards the minor, but no upper year courses). The professor agreed to let me try 3rd year painting. She warned me that it would be difficult to get a passing grade without more of a background in it. I took the course and ended up with an A-. And I graduated. Yay!
3. Moving. I moved from Sackville, NB, where I went to university, to Toronto.
4. Losing friends. I had a close-nit group of friends in highschool. We grew apart in university and I didn't end up staying in touch with many of them after I graduated. It's sad to lose friends and sometimes I wish we could have stayed close.
5. Making friends. I moved to Toronto to do a diploma in tourism and I met a great group of girls in the program. We were very close.

Five things on my to-do list today -

1. Library - shelve 2 carts
2. Blog
3. Get groceries - we're out of everything!
4. Watch ANTM (do you know what that is?)
5. Read (a girl's gotta have some fun too)

Snacks I love but probably shouldn't be eating-

1. Birthday cake
2. Anything cadbury
3. Peanut butter fudge crunch ice cream
4. Cheese burgers
5. Hickory sticks

Things I would do if I were a billionaire -

1. NYC - shopping and museums
2. Europe
3. Pay off everybody's debt (well everybody in my family anyway)
4. Get a maid and a cook and a massage therapist on hand at all times. (This is Quirky's answer. Can I get a "hell yeah"?)
5. Get a tricked out digital camera & a new laptop & a real desk

Five of my bad habits -

1. Reality TV
2. Magazines
3. Getting frustrated too easily
4. Eating when lonely or upset
5. Lazyness

Five places I have traveled - I changed this to traveled because I told you all the placed I've lived last time I did this meme.

1. NYC & Boston
2. Paris & Northern France
3. London, Ipswitch, & Alton Towers
4. Iceland
5. Florida

Five jobs I'd love to have - For jobs I've had see earlier meme.

1. Writer
2. Librarian
3. Book store owner
4. Travel writer (does this count as separate from writer?)
5. Conservator or Archivist

Five bloggers I tag -

1. Pancakes and French Fries

2. Mom 101

3. Me on the East Coast

4. Amanda's Life

5. Postcards From the Mothership

Argh! It pains me to tag people. I don't know why, but I assume they'll be so annoyed. I'm silly like that.

.....

7 comments :

Amanda said...

I think ANTM is America's next top model and if it is we are definately twins seperated at birth. I love ANTM and it drives my husband crazy. Also, can I be in your family if you get billions of dollars?
I'm definately not annoyed and I will work on it.

DaniGirl said...

Hey, I graduated university 5 yrs ago too... but it was my second try.

I love to be tagged, thanks for the blog fodder!

Mom101 said...

I am annoyed. And yet, oddly intrigued to do this one.

Desperate Housewife said...

What I was doing ten years ago... I'm going to have to think about this one!

Geggie said...

I would love to own a bookstore! Perfect job~

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

SaraLynn said...

Cadbury...yummmm

Sass E-mum said...

Ipswich? I wonder what took you there.

Travel writer sounds great. My sis-in-law is a travel writer...but she's scare of flying. Isn't that insane?